Chapter Twenty-Two

Josiah sat in his office going through his files that Sam placed on his desk. Today was the last day that she would be filling in as his assistant and he was ecstatic.

"Mr.Maelburn" Sam called his name entering his office. He stared at his desk not wanting to meet her eyes.

"Yes," he answered placing the pen down before looking up at her.

"I need the files for the merging deal with your father's company," she said.

"Why do you need those?" he asked because that was not in her line of work.

"I need to finish the calculations on the new pays for the other workers" she replied hoping he would believe her.

"You don't need to do that and besides my lawyer has all those documents," he said and she left.

Josiah checked his phone looking at all the pictures that Jillian was sending to him. It was of both her and Naomi at the beach.

He looked at Naomi and how beautiful she was looking in her swimsuit. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun and curls were falling onto her face.

A smile graced his face like it normally does whenever he saw her. The next picture was one that she was wearing a huge smile.

He stared at her irresistible figure.

He couldn't help himself whenever he was around her. She was the most beautiful girl he ever saw.

There was a knock on his door before Sam stepped inside.

"Do you need anything before I go to pick up your coffee?" she asks looking innocent.

"That is what I forgot to mention, I don't need you to get my coffee," Josiah said before getting back to stare at his phone.

"Why?" Sam asked confused.

" Because "Josiah said not feeling the need to explain anything to her.

"Is it because-" Sam started but Josiah cut her off instantly.

"I don't know if I let you become too comfortable but I am your boss. I don't need you questioning what I say and please stop coming into my office unless I call for you" he said slamming his hands on the table.

"Yes sir" Sam answered not wanting her tears to fall. She was hurt by the way that he rejected her but she refused to show it.

She walked out of the office and made a call that she was waiting to make. She wanted to see if there was any improvement but after what he just did, she was hurt.

"The files are with his lawyer," Sam said before hanging up.

She hoped things did not come down to this, but if she could not have him then no one could.

Meet us at the place- Unknown

She quickly discarded her phone into her purse and left the office without a warning.

She met up with the two others that were waiting at the meeting spot.

"What took you so long?" the female asked with an attitude.

"Things" Sam replied taking a seat.

"No shit" the person replied starting to become angry.

"Both of you cut it out. We need a plan to get the papers from the lawyer if we want to put the plan into action.

"Okay" they both replied before turning to the obvious leader.

"We strike tonight" he stated and they nodded.

"What is the plan?" Sam asked.

They all sat in silence thinking of a more effective plan.

"I will have my hacker hack into the security system like they did the other night. But first I need to set an appointment for today so once the lights go off we will already be inside. I need one of you to act as my advisor and the other as my girlfriend. The exits and entrance will most likely be guarded" he said continuing to explain the plan to them.

"What about a plan B in case we get caught?" she asked worried. If she got caught then her whole life would be over.

"There is no plan B so we must not get caught" he stated before they both nodded. After giving them the necessary devices all three went to their different places.

~
Naomi sighed a breath of relief when she stepped out of the jet. She was finally in Los Angeles and all she wanted to do was go home and curl up into her bed.

"Home at last" Jillian said as they made their way through the security. Three security guards were waiting for them after she explained the events that happened to her brother.

"What's the plan now that you are back? Do you plan on ever seeing them again?" Jillian asked and Naomi shrugged.

"I don't know, the good thing is that I have met them already. So, there is no need for me to meet them again".

"Yes, your right" Jillian replied.

The security took their luggage and they entered the car that was waiting.

"Do you wanna come with me to pay a visit to my brother?" Jillian asked talking about Josiah.

"Which one?" Naomi responded.

"Josiah" Jillian stated.

"Yes," Naomi said loudly before realizing how eager she sounded. "I mean sure why not?" she added.

"Hahaha someone is eager to see him," Jillian said with a teasing smile.

"Oh please," Naomi said looking away trying not to blush.

"Are you blushing over there?" Jillian continued to tease her.

"Please stop" Naomi begged but couldn't help the smile on her face.

"Do you like him?"Jillian asks becoming serious.

"Of course he is my boss," Naomi said playing dumb.

"Girl- you know am not talking about that kind, do you like him as in you would date him?" Jillian asked turning into her seat.

Although Jillian and Josiah did not have a close bond, there was no denying that she loved her older brother. She also knew what he had been through and how he was betrayed by James.

"No" Naomi replied not meeting her eyes.

"Not even a little bit" Jillian responded knowing that Naomi was lying.

Everyone can see that they both liked each other outside of the boss and employee relationship.

"Maybe just a little".

Authors Note: I know y'all are probably becoming impatient and are ready for the sparks to start flying. But don't worry there is a lot of progress being made and I didn't want to rush the story.

I have also changed my updating schedule from every day to every other day.

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.