Chapter Five

Today was the day of the dinner and Josiah was trying to be as busy as possible.

"Naomi" he called her name as she entered the kitchen.

Naomi had the Saturday off since her real work does not begin until Monday.

"Yes, Mr. Maelburn," she said causing Josiah to groan. He has been telling her to call him Josiah, but the words just seem stuck in her mouth.

"Call me Josiah, Naomi," he said her name with a smile.

"Ok Josiah" she tested "Did you need anything?" she asks as soon as they got over their obstacle.

"So I know this is last minute. And also this is a way you could pay me back since you have been asking. My father is having a dinner tonight and I would like you to be my plus one" he pleaded.

Naomi thought about it before nodding. After all, he did for her this is the least she could do for him.

"My stylist will be here to dress you because knowing my father it will not only be a family dinner. Johnathan is also a very judgemental person so first impressions are important" he said.

Naomi sat in the living room on her new iPhone which she was still learning about. She had to take her last cellphone to the store in exchange for cash.

She pressed the home button until she was placed on the screen she was looking for.

Naomi stared at the huge flat screen television not knowing the first thing about it. It was one of the expensive television that costed the same more than her rent for four months.

"Do you need help?" Josiah asks him as he made his way towards her.

"Yes please," she said and he pressed something on the television.

The television lit up and all the channels came on display. They sat and watched Love and Basketball until the end, which became an emotional roller coaster.

"Wow," Josiah said staring at the screen ahead.

The doorbell rang and Rosa went to open the door.

"Mimi" Kasen called her as soon as he entered the house. He was the stylist who styled the outfit for her workdays.

"Hey Kas," she said with a grin and he pulled her into a hug.

Josiah watched with absolute jealousy because she never gave him a nickname.

"Someone is jealous," Kasen said in a sing-song voice.

Naomi looked at him in confusion before turning to stare at Josiah who's focus was now on the television.

Naomi and Kasen both left heading towards the stairs with the workers following behind them.

"You like her don't you?" Rosa asked looking at Josiah.

"No. It is not possible I haven't known her that long" he said denying the fact that he had a crush on her.

"Hmm," Rosa said and left without another word.

Josiah decided to go and pay his mother a visit. She would know what to do.

He stepped outside looking around the beautiful home he built for himself.

"Boss," Andy said and he turned around to see Andy and Bianca, the ex who would not leave him alone.

"What are you doing here?" he asks brushing pass her making his way towards his cars.

"I have given you enough space and I will not stop until we solve the issue. I am sorry for cheating on you with your brother. It was the worst mistake of my life" she says holding onto his shirt.

"I heard your agency had to let you go," he said entering his car.

Andy watched the interaction between the pair trying not to laugh.

"Please make sure she is off my property before I get back," Josiah said reversing and heading out the gates.

"Yes sir" Andy shouted after him.

Bianca on the other hand refused to move until he got back.

Andy refused to touch her because she was the type of woman who would accuse men of assault.

"Please leave or I will alarm the police of a breaking and entering," he said and she threw a fit.

"I am not leaving until he gets back," she said trying to make her way into the house.

"Okay have it your way," Andy said pulling his cellphone. Once Bianca realized he was being serious she turned around and walk back to her car outside of the gate.

"I will be back" she screamed slamming the door to her car.

Josiah entered his mother's house and by the smell of it, she was in the kitchen cooking.

"Hey mom" he walked towards her giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey baby," she says with a smile. "Have a seat I will fix you some spaghetti and meatballs" she said and he did.

"I agreed to have dinner at dad's house tonight," he said breaking the ice.

"Really?" she asked in shock.

It was no secret that Josiah hated going to his father's house. When he was younger he had fun with his siblings but once they hit the teen years, he was treated like a second class citizen.

"I know I was shocked when I decided to do it" Josiah added.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?" Caralyn asked knowing her son too well.

"There is this girl that I took in after finding her on the street. I don't know what it was but I just could not leave her in the pouring rain" he told his mother.
"What is she like?" Caralyn as her son.

"She is one of the purest and most innocent girls I have met and she has been through a lot. I also allowed Margo to train her to become my new assistant" Josiah told his mother.

"Do you like her?" she asks and he shook his head no.

"I am still going through some things and I think it has more to do with me feeling sorry for her" he spoke.

"Just take things slow and never mix business with pleasure. You both have been through a lot by what you are saying and at the end of the day you are adults" she tells her son.

"Thank you, mom. I need to go and prepare myself for the dinner tonight" he said kissing her cheek.

"Your welcome, I hope to meet this girl one day because I have a feeling," she said.

"Okay mom, I love you," he said with a laugh and she returned the reply.

Now to prepare myself for the dinner.