Last few matches, chapter 32

Keim Kontorōru vs Neji Hyūga

         My stomach dropped as I looked over at the two names displayed at the board. 'Keim....' I thought worriedly. My eyes shifted towards him, grinning.

         "I finally get my match!" He yelled. I strained a smile. "Yeah! Go for it Keim!" I cheer with halfheartedness. I feel a pang on my chest as I see him run down smiling brightly. 'Hinata may be safe this time.... but Keim....' I thought. Keim and Neji arrived at the lower level. 

          "Hey, Sensei! I feel like I've heard of the name Hyūga before...." Naruto says. I sweat dropped. "That's Hinata's clan." I say. He pushed his hand down to his other palm. "Oh...." He says. "Wait a minute! Does that mean that guy's related to her?" Naruto asked. "Yes Naruto, they're cousins." I say.  My eyes shifted over to Hinata, worriedly looking down at the lower level. Kiba too. 

            "Look, they're about to start." Kakashi says. I shift my gaze back to the lower level.

           "A piece of advice here... forfeit." Neji says. Keim just looked at him with a "excuse me what?" expression. "Someone from a lesser clan like yours, is no match from someone from the Hyūga clan." He says. 'Neji.... You may be one of my upmost favorite characters in Naruto and Naruto shipuden..... AND one of the people I wanna save.... but... right now.... you're a jerk.' I thought.

           "So.... um.... is this a clan thing or what......?" Keim asked. "What I'm saying, is it's your destiny to lose to me." Neji say. "Woah, where'd that come from?" Keim asked.

           "You may begin." Hayate says. Keim quickly took out a kunai, as Neji struck a defensive stance. Keim threw that kunai and a few shuriken at Neji, who deflected it with ease, with the gentle fist technique. Keim runs up to him. 'Keim no!' I could only yell out in my head. "Tch." Neji says, before blocking a punch from Keim. He pivots and struck Keim's arm, completely shutting down his use of it. Realizing this, Keim jumped away. 

         "You see now? You're no match for me." Neji says. "Irk..." Keim falls into deep thought of what to do. 

         "I don't get it....." I hear Naruto say. I looked over to him. "Why does he keep on jabbering about destiny and clan things? That doesn't matter!" He went on. I closed my eyes and sighed.

         "As a member of the side branch of the Hyūga clan..... it's only natural he believes in set destiny...." I say. "Eh? Side branch?" Naruto asked. Everyone beside me looked over at me. "Yeah, that Hyūga clan is said to be the strongest clan in the village..... as they also wield the power of the Byakugan, one of the three great dojutsu.... to protect the secrets of the clan heritage, the clan was split into two groups. The main branch and the side branch. Those who are born to the side branch.... are branded a curse seal, giving the main branch the ability to destroy their brain cells with a simple hand seal, giving them absolute control over the side branch. This makes those of the side branch destined to serve the main branch." I say, staring down at the ground. Those around me just looked at me as they processed the information I've spat out.

         'Crap, I might've said too much.....' I thought. I see Naruto's grip on the railings tighten.

        "That's what it is.....? To protect their clan secrets? What about the people in the side branch? It isn't fair!" Naruto says. He looked over at Neji. "That's it.... I've made up my mind! When I become Hokage...... I will change the way of the Hyūga!" He says. Hinata smiled with admiration. I smiled as well. 'I guess spiting all that information wasn't a mistake....' I thought. I looked back down at the battle, and saw Keim raising his free hand. I sighed. 'Sorry Keim.... lets become Chūnin next time....' I thought.

          "I forfeit..... my chakra is blocked completely......" He says. Hayate nodded, stepping up. He coughed.

           "As a result of Keim Kontorōru forfeiting..... the winner of the 12th match..... Neji Hyūga." Hayate says. Keim, not being fatally injured, walked up the stairs along with Neji. 

        "Keim! You okay!?" Kiba asked, running up to him. Keim scratched the back of his head. "Yeah.... just a bit.... paralyzed, you know?" He says, moving his torso to swing his unmoving arm. Lee looked over to Neji, who sighed.

           "His arm should be of use in a few minutes or an hour." Neji says. I sighed in relief, and looked over to the screen. 'Wait.... no. The last two people are.....' I thought, shifting my gaze over to the other side of the room. 'Gaara and Dosu.....' I thought. I hear Hayate clear his throat, gaining everyone's attention. 

          "The last two people, come down to the lower level." He says. Gaara and Dosu obliged, walking down the stairs. 'Well I already know how this'll turn out.....' I thought, shivering at the memory of that scene. 'Eh, well.... maybe he won't die this time.....' I thought. 

              "You may begin." Hayate announced. Dosu went on an defensive position, while Gaara just stood there. 

           "I want to end this quickly......" Gaara calmly says. Dosu scoffed at this. Seeing that Gaara won't be attacking any time soon, Dosu decided to attack.

            "It's not a good idea to underestimate your opponent!!!" He yelled, swinging his arm with his sound gadget. Gaara's sand defenses promtly went up, blocking Dosu's arm, while also protecting him from his sound. Dosu jumped back.

           "Huh.... I see you're using sand....." He comments to himself. He prepared to jump again, but something stops him. "Huh!?" He looked down to his feet, seeing sand wrapping around him. Gaara holds up his hand, making the sand go completely around him. I gasped. 'He isn't.....' I thought, trying my best to keep my eye on the match. "Because of some circumstances..... I won't kill you..... unless you don't forfeit....." Gaara says. "I forfeit." Dosu says, seeing the current situation.

        "Winner of the thirteenth match..... Gaara of the desert." Hayate announced. I let out a heavy sigh, which I failed realize earlier I've been holding. 'Man... that was close.... that reminds me.....' I thought, looking over to team eight. They just looked at Gaara with fear. 'Yeah.... I almost forgot that they saw him at the forest.' I thought. Before I knew it, we were called down to the lower level.

To be continued.......

(A/n: If you're wondering, the match ups were completely random. Okay.... I might or might not clicked the randomized button a couple times before I got these results.... and perhaps forgot to list Lee's team in the randomizing website and had to add them in.... haha 😬)

DISCONTINUED Time to be a great Shinobi! (Stuck in Narutoverse) (KibaxOc)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara