Mission success, chapter 16

Recap 

 "You....." Zabuza says.

"W-what? Why did you.... why did you do that!?" Kakashi yelled.

"Why...?

.

.

.

.

Why!?

.

.

.

.

Why did you do it!?

.

.

.

.

Nao!?"

3rd person POV 

             "S-sorry Kakashi..... must have brought memories......" Nao says weakly. "Don't worry.... I'm just a corpse clone." He says. Both Zabuza's and Haku's eyes widened. 

           'Could it be!?' They thought at the same time. They looked over to the side and sure enough, there stood Haruka along with the real Nao. "Haruka here told me about your meet up." He says.

           "Sorry.... I couldn't perfect it on time......" Haruka says. Haku looked at Haruka gratefully. 'So you did come......' He thought.

            "What? What is the meaning of this? Haruka Korikawa Hatake, I'm sure the you have a lot of explaining to do." Kakashi says sternly. Haruka squeaks. "Gah! He used my full name!" She says. Naruto looked around confused.

          "What? Nao Sensei!? Haruka!?" He yelled. "Gato and his men should be coming soon." Haruka says. "Hmph, so you came after all. You never mentioned the dogs! You brat." Zabuza says. "Wah wah, don't complain. They were only playing with you after all." Haruka tells him. "Yooo!!! Short guy! Get the hell over here! I know you're there! Heeeeeyyyyy!!!" She yelled. Sure enough, they did come.

          "Tch, gotta say.... I'm quite disappointed Zabuza..... you failed to kill them.... and look at you, you're more beaten up." Gato says. "Looks like the deal is off. Now that we're not targeting the bridge builder, we have no reason to fight you Kakashi." Zabuza says.

          "Yeah......" Kakashi says. "You cheapskate! You made the mistake of showing your ugly face here! Cause you're gonna die!" Haruka yelled. "Brat.... get them." Gato says. "Zabuza! Haku!" Haruka yelled, tossing them a kunai to use. They caught them. 

           "I don't know what is happening but okay!" Naruto yelled. "Shadow clone jutsu!" He yelled, creating multiple clones. The expressions of guys that were with Gato faltered. "What are you doing!? Go!" Gato yelled running back. Zabuza and Haku charged in. Naruto, Haruka and Nao were backing them up. Like in the original, Zabuza stabbed Gato, making him fall off the bridge. The guys Gato brought were either sliced by Haku and Zabuza, or knocked out by Naruto, Haruka or Nao. 

Haruka POV 

            I look at the scene, Gato and his men were gone, we did our mission, and I completed my personal mission. Haku and Zabuza are still alive 'This turned out better than expected.....' I thought. "Oh... that reminds me....." I say out loud. I ran up to where Sasuke was. "Yo, wake up." I say shaking him.

           "Haruka! What are you doing!? He's.... he's....." Sakura says, tearing up. "Wake up duckass. Wake up or else I will eat all your tomatoes." I say. Sasuke slowly opened his eyes. 

            "Shut up....." He says weakly. "Sasuke!" Sakura gasps in relief. Keim and Somi sighed. "Ha! Ya woke up for your precious tomato stash!" I say getting up. "What happened?" He asked. "Gato is dead." I say, a bit too cheerfully. "What? Gato was here?" He asked. "Yeah, and we don't have to fight Zabuza and Haku anymore!" I say. I went back to where Nao Sensei was. "Thank you Nao Sensei." I tell him.

Flashback 

             "Haruka.... please tell me." Nao Sensei says. I hesitate. "I..... I'm not trying to learn this to fight Zabuza...." I say. "Then... why?" He asked. "It's to save them...." I say. "Save them?" Nao Sensei asked again. "They're gonna die if I don't use the clone corpse technique to protect Haku from dad's Chidori.... we don't have to fight them, because Gato is gonna betray them. They didn't deserve to die.... that's why I want to help them....." I explain. "Haruka.... you do realize what you're doing...." He says. "Yes... I know I'm risking my life by contacting them.... but I'm willing to do so." I say. He places his hand on my shoulder. "You can explain later.... lets go to the bridge." He says. "But I haven't perfected the jutsu!" I yelled. He smiled. "Don't worry Haruka, I will do it for you." He says. My eyes widened. "Thank you....." I say starting to cry.

End flashback 

               Inari and the villagers eventually arrived at the scene like in the original. We informed them about Gato's death. Sasuke and Kakashi healed pretty quickly, so did Hakua nd Zabuza, we stayed at the bridge until it was finished and finished our mission without another hitch. 

              We were now at the end of the now finished bridge. 'The great Naruto bridge...... amazing....' I thought. All the villagers were here to see us off.

            "We completed the bridge thanks to you, but we'll miss you." Tazuna says. "No need to miss us! We'll visit as much as we can!" I say, giving them a thumbs up.

             "Yeah! We definitely will. Believe it!" Naruto says. I smile. Inari started to tear up. 'Aww.....' I thought.

            "P-promise...?" He says. "Inari.... you're gonna be lonely, aren't you? You can cry, go ahead." Naruto says. Though, he himself started to tear up and so did I. "I-I'm not! If you say it's okay to cry, then why don't you go ahead!?" Said Inari. "Nah, I don't even feel like crying....." Naruto says. 'Liar.' I thought. I wiped my eyes from the tears. Sakura sweat drops. The two just looked at each other, both trying their hardest not to cry first. "See you!" Naruto says, not being able to contain his tears he turned around. Inari and Naruto's tears started to fall. I walked over to Inari and pat him on the head. "We'll visit you guys soon." I say softly, giving him a warm smile. I went back to my group.

               "I guess this is goodbye Haruka." We hear a voice say. I looked at where the voice came from. "Haku! Zabuza!" I exclaimed. "I wanted to thank you for saving us." He says. "We owe you kid." Said Zabuza. I smiled. "Well, I hope we meet again soon!" I say waving my hand. 

             "Alright! I'm gonna have Iruka Sensei treat me for some ramen when we get home!" Naruto says. I sweat drop. "I wonder how Iruka Sensei affords you ramen... I mean... your whole bloodstream runs on it!" I say out loud. "It does not!" Naruto protested. 

            "It kinda is." Sakura agreed with me. "Sakura-chan!" Naruto complained. "See!?" I say. Naruto grumbled.

            "Idiot." Sasuke says. "What did you say!?" Naruto yelled. "Hush Naruto. I need silence." I say.

             "Yeah Naruto." Keim agreed. Somi nodded. "Ah! Why is everyone against me......." He sulked. We all laughed at his antics. 'I was able to stop Zabuza's and Haku's deaths..... even though it wasn't how I planned it to be, what matters is that they're still alive......' I thought, as I walked through the bridge near my teammates.

To be continued......