Chapter 6: Results

(Y/n) took the piece of parchment out of his envelope, it read:

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results.
Pass grades:
Outstanding(O)
Exceeds expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)
Fail grades:
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

(Y/n) (L/n) has achieved the following:
Astronomy: A
Care of Magical Creatures: O
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Divinations: O
Herbology: E
History of Magic: A
Potions: O
Transfiguration: O

"Only failed Divinations and History of Magic!" Ron said happily. "And who cares about that"
(Y/n) gave him a thumbs up.

"Here swap" he said passing Ron his results.

"How in the name of Merlin did you manage an O in Divinations?" Ron asked him incredulous after scanning over his results.

"I predicted it" (Y/n) said proudly, Ron looked at him confused. "That's what I said I saw happening, so in order for it to come true I'd have to get an O and in order to get an O my prediction needed to be right"

"They could've just as easily failed you" Harry pointed out.

"Yeah well it was a risk I was willing to take. How'd you do Hermione?" (Y/n) asked turning to her.

"Not bad" she replied in a quiet voice, (Y/n) walked over and read her results over her shoulder.

"See I told you you'd do great, much better than me" (Y/n) said handing her his results and pulling her into a hug.

"Oh come off it" Ron said snatching her results out of her hands. "Yep nine outstandings and one exceeds expectations in Defense Against the Dark Arts"

"You're actually disappointed aren't you?" Ron asked her, she shook her head. "Well we're NEWT students now"

After that the next big thing coming up was Harry's birthday. (Y/n) had decided to give him something he had found with his dad's old stuff.

"It's a pensieve" (Y/n) told him, holding out a small shallow goblet, that unlike the one in Dumbledore's office seemed to be filled with a clear, yet foggy, liquid.

"I found it with some of my dad's old stuff, some type of portable pensieve... don't worry I've tried it out, and emptied it of dad's memories" he reassured Harry pulling out a few small crystal bottles full of memories.

"I thought you might want to use it to remember Sirius" (Y/n) said tentatively not wanting to upset Harry, only just realizing that this could bring up tender emotions.

Harry stared at it for a second before slowly taking it from (Y/n)'s hands.

"Thank you" was all Harry said, but (Y/n) could tell from his smile, and the small tear forming in the corner of his eye, that he truly was happy to receive it.

Harry's birthday celebrations were however were off out by the news that Remus brought. He appear, grey streaks throughout his hair with more ragged and dirtied clothes than ever.

"There have been a couple of dementor attacks" he told everyone as Mrs Weasley passed him a slice of birthday cake.

"And they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north, the dark mark cast above it. Frankly I'm surprised he lasted that long, Sirius's brother, Regulus, only made it a couple days. And Steven had Dumbledore's help...." Lupin trailed off his gaze on (Y/n).

"Yes we'll perhaps we should talk about something diff..." Mrs Weasley said trying to change to subject.

"Did you hear about Florean Fortescue Remus?" Bill asked.

"The man who ran—" Lupins started.

"— the ice cream parlor in Diagon Alley?" Harry interrupted. "He used to give me free ice creams, what happened to him?"

"Dragged off by the look of it" Bill replied.

"Why?" Ron asked, while Mrs Weasley glared at Bill.

"Who knows, he must've upset them somehow. He was a good man" Bill said.

"Speaking of Diagon Alley" Mr Weasley added "looks like Ollivander is gone as well"

"The wand maker?" (Y/n) asked.

"Looks that one, shop's empty and there's no sign of a struggle. No one knows whether he left voluntarily or was kidnapped" Mr Weasley explained.

"No way Ollivander left, Richie used to say he lived and slept in that shop, now way he'd just up and leave it" (Y/n) said, smiling slightly at the memory of his brother.

"But what'll people do for wands?" Harry asked.

"They'll have to make do with other makers" Lupin told Harry. "Although Ollivander was the best no doubt, and if the other side's got him it won't be good"

The day after Harry's birthday their book lists arrived by owl, and Harry's came with a surprise... a shiny surprise.

"Quidditch captain" Harry said holding up his new shiny badge, that (Y/n) eyed hungrily.

"Oh this is unfair, now I'm the only one without a shiny, shiny badge!" (Y/n) said pouting, he then pulled out Malfoy's prefect badge that he had stolen the year before and pinned it onto his chest.

"See I'm a prefect too now" (Y/n) said pointing to the badge which he had bewitched to be the same color as Hermione and Ron's.

"This gives you equal status with prefects" Hermione explained to Harry. "You can use our special bathroom and everything!"

"What? So Harry can use your special bathroom but I can't?" (Y/n) asked outraged.

"I remember when Charlie used to wear one of these" Ron said reminiscing. "This is so cool Harry, you're my captain now... that is if you let me back onto the team..." Ron said with a nervous laugh.

"Well I don't suppose we can put off a trip to Diagon Alley any longer now that we've got these" Mrs Weasley said sighing.

"We'll go on Saturday as long as your father doesn't have to go into work again. I'm not going there without him" Mrs Weasley said.

"Mum" Ron said rolling his eyes "d'you really think You-Know-Who's going to be hiding behind a bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts?"

"Fortescue and Ollivander went on Holliday did they?" Mrs Weasley threw back.

That Saturday came, and Mr Weasley was in fact able to get off of work for the day.

In the morning Bill passed a full money bag to Harry and (Y/n).

"Where's mine?" Ron demanded of Bill.

"That's already there's you idiot" Bill said to Ron. "I got it out of your vaults because it's taking about five hours for the public to get their gold at the moment, the goblins have tightened security... oh and I sent one to your sister (Y/n)" Bill explained.

"Cheers" (Y/n) said with a smile.

"E ees always so thoughtful" Fleur said softly, looking adoringly at Bill. Ginny mock vomited into her cereal behind Fleur's back.