Chapter 67: Three guys and a Ghost

For the rest of the week Harry devoted more and more of his time to finding a way into the room of requirement.

"Look Hermione" Harry told her, after having spent almost all his free period attempting, to no avail, to spy on Malfoy. "I haven't forgotten about Slughorn."

Hermione sighed, and put down the daily prophet she was getting ready to read.

"The thing is I don't have a clue how to go about getting the memory from him, and until I figure out what to do, why shouldn't I go after Malfoy?" Harry explained to her.

"You already know what you need to do, you've got to persuade him to give you the memory" Hermione told him exasperatedly. "You need to go to him and appeal to his better nature."

"Try butter him up mate" (Y/n) suggested "maybe get him some wine, some nice cheeses and then when he comfortable and let his guard down you strike."

"Yeah that could work" Ron said thinking. "Maybe then he'll give up the memory if he's in a good mood."

"There you go" Hermione said to Harry, who just sat down skulking.

"Anyway anyone we know?" Ron asked as Hermione unfolded the daily prophet, digging her nose into it.

"Yes!" Hermione said suddenly, making the others turn to her concerned.

"It's alright though" Hermione said quickly. "He's not dead, it's Mundungus, he's been arrested and sent to Azkaban, something about impersonating an Inferius during an attempted burglary."

"Serves him right" (Y/n) said. "Glad they finally caught him."

"Someone called Octavius Pepper has disappeared. Around half a dozen suspected death eaters have turned up dead. Oh and how terrible a nine year old boy has been arrested for trying to kill his grandparents, they think he was under the imperious curse" Hermione said scanning over the paper.

The rest of the period was spent in silence before they headed to their Defense against the dark arts class.

"I'll be back in a second" Harry said suddenly, doubling back.

"Where're you going mate?" Ron called after him. "Your gonna be late."

"Don't worry he's the famous Harry Potter, it'll all work out for him" (Y/n) said rolling his eyes.

The three of them entered into the classroom a few minutes early, taking their seats and getting their stuff out.

They chatted for a little bit before the rest of the class arrived, with Harry arrived about twenty seconds after everyone else.

"Late again Potter" Snape said in his drawl. "Ten points from Gryffindor." Harry simply scowled at Snape, throwing his back down and slumping into his seat. He seems more annoyed than usual.

"Before we start I want your dementor essays" Snape said and with a lazy wave of his wand a couple dozen rolls of parchments soared through the air into a net stack on his desk.

"And I hope for your sake that they are better than the tripe I had to endure on resisting the Imperius curse. Now if you will all open your books to page three hundred ninety four-wait is it Mr Finnigan?" Snape asked sounding annoyed.

"Sir" Seamus started. "I was wondering if you could explain how to tell the difference between a ghost and an Inferius? Because there was something in the papers about-"

"No there wasn't" Snape said boredly "if you have actually bothered to read the article Mr. Finnigan, you would have known the so called Inferius was nothing but a smelly sneak thief by the name of Mundungus Fletcher."