Chapter 71: It Begins

"I told you there was something wrong with that Prince person" Hermione told Harry after he and (Y/n) had returned to the common room, and Harry had told his side of the story.

The news of the story had traveled fast, as apparently Myrtle had taken it upon herself to pop up in every bathroom in the castle and tell the story to everyone who would listen, and Panay had taken no time vilifying Harry and even Snape had told all the staff what had transpired.

"And I was right wasn't I?" Hermione said to Harry.

"No I don't think you were" Harry said stubbornly, glaring at (Y/n).

"Of course you defend that book Potter, the witless wonder" (Y/n) snarled at him.

"At least I defend people who've helped me out" Harry snapped back.

"Harry!" Hermione said sounding horrified. "How can you still stick up for that book when that spell-"

"Will you stop harping on about that book!" Harry snapped. "The Prince only copied it out! It's not like he was advising anyone to use it!For all we know, he was making a note of something that had been used against him!"

"Yeah of course he didn't Potter, you were just brain dead enough to actually use it." (Y/n) told him.

"Will you shut up (Y/n)!" Harry shouted at him. "For once in your life just bloody shut up! Why do you always have to throw in your opinion, no one gives a damn!"

"You're actually defending-" Hermione started.

"I'm not defending what I did!" said Harry quickly. "I wish I hadn't done it, and not just because I've got about a dozen detentions. You know I wouldn't've used a spell like that, not even on Malfoy, but you can't blame the Prince, he hadn't written 'try this out, it's really good' — he was just making notes for himself, wasn't he, not for anyone else..."

"Yet of course chosen moron can't think for himself" (Y/n) snarled.

"Are you telling me?" Hermione said slowly. "That you're going to go back—?"

"And get the book? Yeah, I am," said Harry forcefully. "Listen, without the Prince I'd never have won the Felix Felicis."

"Yeah someone who actually worked their arse off would've." (Y/n) spat at him.

"I'd never have known how to save Ron from poisoning." Harry continued ignoring (Y/n).

"Ah yes of course cause you're the only damn person in the world that could save him." (Y/n) told Harry sharply. "You know it really astounds me how big your ego can get. Every time I think it's reached it's limit you prove me wrong."

"I'd never-" Harry continued, still doing his best to ignore (Y/n).

"- got a reputation for potions that you don't deserve" Hermione finished for Harry.

"Give it a red Hermione!" Ginny said sharply, as Harry looked up at her smiling like a fool. "By the sound of it, Malfoy was trying to use an Unforgivable Curse, you should be glad Harry had something good up his sleeve!"

"Oh yes of course because what Harry did was something good, yes yes of course cutting someone open like a fish is something good isn't it!" (Y/n) cried to them. "Not to mention I was there I would've stopped Malfoy if he actually tried something!"

"Well, of course I'm glad Harry wasn't cursed!" said Hermione, clearly stung. "But you can't call that Sectumsempra spell good, Ginny, look where it's landed him! And I'd have thought, seeing what this has done to your chances in the match —"

"Oh, don't start acting as though you understand Quidditch," snapped Ginny, "you'll only embarrass yourself."

"Watch it Ginny" (Y/n) growled at her.