Chapter 1: The Loss

"Mark," you said, laughing, "if you ever were a doctor, I'm not sure I'd trust you."

"Aw, come on, (f/n)," Mark looked at you from the driver's seat, smiling, "I would be the best doctor."

"Yeah, sure. I think I need an opinion from your nurse," you said, rolling your eyes in amusement. He looked at you, his eyes dancing in the moonlight. It was New Year's and you were driving home after you had been to Bob's party. Neither of you had had any drinks because you didn't want to drive home drunk.

You and Mark had been married for almost two years now, both of you being happy together. You always thought that you'd have a happy life together, always loving each other. You always hoped nothing would happen to your love. If something ever did, you weren't sure what you'd do. Your love was like a bees love for honey. It was like nothing before.

Mark was looking at you, and watching the road of course. When he would look at you, he looked at you like he did when he first saw you. You aren't going to go into detail about that though.

Mark was fixing to say something, but he was cut off by the car swerving to he side. You let out a shriek, feeling terror rise through you. The roads were icy, which explained why you slid. Mark screamed too.

The car had began to swerve in a circle. You were dizzy, not sure what was going on. You didn't even realize that your seatbelt wasn't around you. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion.

That's when the car hit a tree head on. You felt yourself being jerked up, but it was so slow. Mark's voice was a normal speed though. You could hear him yelling, "(f/n)! No!"

What was he talking about? You saw him reach his hand towards you. Why was everything so slow? His eyes were filled with absolute terror. He looked like he saw a ghost. He was yelling no over and over again. You couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. And then you remembered that the car was swerving. You looked forward, seeing the windshield a few inches from your face. You tried to turn back so that the last thing you could see was Mark, but it hit you too fast.

Your head ached painfully, all your memories came rushing in front of your eyes. You heard a voice then, not sure who, but it was saying something you couldn't make out. Then it was all darkness from there.