🅣🅗🅘🅡🅣🅨❹

🌓

On the road, nightfall came and went, Namjoon and I rode for a full day, until we came upon a small village to water and feed our horses, they were exhausted and so were we.

Rani and her tracks definitely led through this area, and the only neighbouring town was the Coastal city to the East.

Namjoon asked around the village if they had come upon a newcomer with a small infant child passing through, but no one seemed to know anything until a young girl approached him.

"Awright love, here for some fun are ya?" She smirked, undoing her top thread to loosen her bustier.

"Umm... no I err" Namjoons face flushed and looked around the saloon like bar area; we had entered a brothel.

"You look like the fancy kind, don't ya, what are you doing in these 'ere parts" she asked, I had to interject.

"We're looking for a woman, she would have had a small infant boy with her" I said.

"Oh 'ello, is this your 'usband? Wanna keep an eye on 'im, he's gorgeous" she winked and Namjoon eyed my reaction cautiously, "I 'avent seen no baby but the daughter of that brute came back through 'ere last night" she scoffed.

"What brute? What daughter?" I asked.

"Ya'no that fat guy who runs all the East docks, in the next town, stayed to pick up his daughter last night he did, he didn't even pay me, cheap skate!" She huffed.

The thought of this young girl pleasing that outrageously pompous disgrace of a man, turned my stomach.

A 'gentleman' walked past and she left us to possibly take care of him and his needs, we had a destination, we knew she was heading there in theory, but his daughter... This was conspicuously planned between them.

I had no doubt about it. I'm so sorry Taehyung.

Namjoon and I took off again, towards the Eastern dock town, after our horses had rested.

It was a long road, a long journey my mind was longing to hold my child in my arms again, wondering how this unfathomable kidnapper was feeding my child unless... she was feeding him.

My stomach churned, my child was suckling from the breast of another, maybe she has a child? Or maybe she has a wet nurse. It boiled my blood.

I drove my horse faster, almost leaving Namjoon in the dust of my horse's treads, tears slipped through the ducts of my eyes.

I'm coming, my baby.

Slowly coming up to a barricade, a guard was outpost on the border. We will have to keep it cool or he will get suspicious.

"Hello! welcome to Riverwell, the fishing village, home to the River King, King of the River... what's the purpose of your visit" He was a cheerful chap, amongst the bottomless pit of drab decor.

"Visiting... family" I reply

"Ah family! We don't get many visitors here, traders mostly, I'd love to travel, but I'm stuck here, the wife ain't too pleased, but it's either stick with this or being far away from her for months at sea, at least this way I go home at the end of the day."