🅣🅗🅘🅡🅣🅔🅔🅝

🌓

Namjoon and I talked about our lives on different sides of the Citadel wall, he being the Hierarchy heir and what expectations his father had for him.

He wanted Namjoon to rule with an iron fist, eradicate anyone that stood in his way, his father made him take fencing lessons, read books on strategy and war, but Namjoon was only interested in the stars.

He tells me there is an old silver telescope in his study back at the Citadel, he said he never learned Latin so he never knew who it belonged to, but he would stare at the stars all night, wishing for a sign.

"It was inscribed with 'pueri lunae" I just laughed. "What does it mean?"

"Child of the moon, it's possibly my fathers" I smiled.

"Then I'll make sure to give it to you," he said.

"It can be a gift for the baby, I know nothing about stars," I said.

"I can teach you" he looked energetic.

"And what shall I teach you?" I quirked my eyebrow and he stuttered his words "How about archery?" I asked.

"Sure ok, wastelander" he grinned.

One thing we had in common was our fathers had told us stories of battles and the History of the Citadel.

Clearly his father told him one thing and my father told me another, we bickered over little details about how the Priest Min Yoongi became a holy man in the first place.

Namjoon said he had just found a calling, and pledged a vow to the Gods after a dream, I on the other hand knew that it was because the love of his life perished in her early years, so he would marry reckless lovers eloping in the middle of the early hours, as they ran away from home together, hand in hand.

We read old books of literature and myth aloud, also discussing the topics of old scholars and philosophical genius's, he taught me about the special herbs and flowers he grew at the Citadel.

As night fell, we walked outside and camped on the beach, I showed him how to make a fire and we laid side by side looking up at the stars.

I used his arm as a head rest and he would point out stars that connected, and the stories behind them, while I saw nothing but white flicks dotting across the black sky.

It was magical, it was kind of romantic, he was so passionate, that I felt my stomach flutter every time his deep voice would talk about something deep and meaningful to him, even if I didn't understand it.

The night ended and he walked me back to my room at the Golden City castle, he was like a gentleman, that courted a lady in one of the books I had read, he departed with a single lingering kiss on the back of my hand and went to his own guest room.

🌓

The next morning it was my turn to teach Namjoon a few things I had learned as a wastelander.

We had spent the morning throwing apples in the air to shoot at, it was best to fire at moving targets as not many enemy's would just stand out in the open to be killed.

Namjoon missed shot after shot, I adjusted his elbow and tilted his chin, and placed my arm around his, guiding the tight pull of the bow string.

His eyes shifted from the sight aligned with the bow towards my direction.

"Look forward" I chastise.

"I'm sorry, I can't help but stare at you in that dress"

"Stop it or I'll take it off!" I yelled.

"Oh Yes please..." he said and I realised what I had just insinuated.

"Cut it out and concentrate, then I may give you a reward" I whispered in his ear, the arrow pierced through the apple swiftly, like a professional, "you lied to me! you've done this before"

"I never said I hadn't" his smile fluttered my insides as he came closer to me, "I'm ready for my reward" he says as he leans in to kiss me, and I then stuff an apple in his mouth and pat him.

"Good job" I ruffled his luscious locks, and giggled as I ran away.

I hid myself in the thick branches of a tree, I heard him shuffle underneath me as he searched the area. I stifled a giggle as I laid out on the branch.

He was calling out to me, I had thought I had let him suffer enough, I threw an apple core at him and he spotted me in the tree.

"Aish, get down from there, what if you fall, here, come to me" He held out his arms to me and I climbed down.

Capturing me in his arms, he put his forehead against mine, his hands draped across my waist and up my back holding me so close I could feel his heartbeat against my chest.

It was a moment of silent bliss, the wind blew around us dancing through our hair, I'd never felt so emotionally full, tears started to fall from my eyes.

"What's wrong El, why are you crying?" He asked, tilting my chin up I looked him in the eyes.

"I think I overdid it, I'm just tired" I lied, I knew how I felt, my heart was swollen to the point I wouldn't bear to be without him anymore.

I love him..

🌓

🌓