🅝🅘🅝🅔

🌓

I can't believe I did this, I need to get out of here, yes he's beautiful, yes he's sweet, but I can't stay here. I lightly sneaked out of the bed and grabbed my disheveled clothes from the floor.

The window was still open from the night before, the sun peaking over like a halo, I need to make sure my tribe can sustain themselves, I'm not the only raider but they're my only family.

Namjoon was still sleeping, I can hear his soft breathing, his chest slowly rising and falling, I feel guilty but I can't tell him that I'm leaving he won't let me go this time, even if he did, I can't promise I'll come back.

I don't know what I'm feeling towards him but I can't stay here to find out, I need to make sure that my tribe isn't suffering, we need to move to the coastal rocks for fishing, we won't be able to raid from here anymore.

"Goodbye Namjoon" I whispered as he shifted in his sleep.

🌓

The coastal rocks are flourishing with fish yet it's was a far trek from the caverns, too far for the Citadel guards to have any jurisdiction.

We were in Jeon territory now, once allied with my father during the war, we were not venturing too far over the border, fearing we may be turned away, now that the Jeon son was crowned.

The woodland near the coast was full of fruits, but I've heard stories that Jeon's didn't take kindly to thieves or raiders, and who knows where his allegiance lies now that my father is gone.

We made a base camp, taking refuge in handmade shacks threaded by the older generations, they were quick and nimble with their fingers, even if they weren't fast on their feet.

I would gather what I would find tonight. Maybe I could find a pig to hunt, a spit roast would be nice for my tribe since they have travelled so far, all on my command.

My thoughts travelled to Namjoon, I wondered if he had sent guards out to find me, he knew I would move my tribe so maybe he didn't bother, maybe he was waiting for me to come back.

Night began to fall ever so fast, everyone was exhausted from travelling to the border, with baskets of fish they pulled from the coast, they pulled the leaves from trees to wrap it up in whilst placing it on the campfire.

I, on the other hand, would venture to the woodland, to see what other animals I could hunt. I dare not take the young ones with me this time, it could be far more dangerous than the Citadel gardens.

I adorn a bow and sheath for my arrows, and pocket a knife, walking into the unknown territory.

It was dark, but I could see slightly from the moonlight that streamed through the trees, a twig snapped in the opposite direction so I followed the sound hoping to come upon a juicy pig.

Squeals screeched in the darkness, as I came close the pig was already dead, I looked around for anything suspicious, I took a closer look at the pig, it wasn't killed by a wild animal, it was definitely gutted by a knife.

I heaved the pig onto my right shoulder, my left still not completely healed yet, it was painful but a roasted pig on the fire is worth it.

Rustling leaves whisper behind me, I pull my knife ready to attack until a voice speaks, as I turn I can't see him.

"Put down the knife, I'm not going to hurt you" The voice says I place the pig and the knife on the ground.

"Who are you, where are you!" I shout.

"My name is Hoseok, I'm a Doctor and I run an infirmary just outside the Golden City. "May I ask your name?" He steps out of his camouflaged hiding position.

"My name is El, I'm a wastelander from the Mono region over the border, my tribe and I have fled" I say.

"Are there any injured or sick?" He asked.

"No but they are very vulnerable, young and old alike," I replied.

"Take the pig, and if you ever need anything, there's a purple trail of flowers that lead straight to my garden, go back now it's dark and you shouldn't be travelling alone" with a nod I leave with the pig and he turns away in the other direction.

As I make my way to the camp I see my tribe being held by guards, their not Kim guards, they are Jeon guards, there was only, maybe four of them, not a difficult number to kill if I needed too, but we are on their land it's better to make friends.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"I know you" said one guard, "My lady I'm sorry we didn't know you would be over our border, I shall inform his Majesty immediately!"

"NO.. I umm" I asked.

"You are the daughter of The Marta Leo, please My Lady, I must tell his highness Jeon Jungkook of your arrival, his highness will be pleased, he has told us many stories of the battle, passed down from his father, it's an honour My Lady" he kneels.

"Please, I am not a Lady in this land, inform your highness of my arrival but also that we don't mean to impose on his land, we are just refugees looking for somewhere to stay, I don't wish to plunder or pillage his wealth or land" I say sternly.

"Yes. My Lady" And with that they stray back to their horses and galloped away.

🌓

🌓