🅣🅦🅔🅝🅣🅨❶

🌓
Namjoon

As soon as I arrived at the Citadel castle I moved El's father's shiny telescope into my room, I could catch the glimpses of glitter that shone over from the coast.

Even though I couldn't see her, I could feel her there, I knew she was safe and I wasn't planning on being here long, until I was apprehended by Kim Guards and brought before my father.

My father had me locked up for conspiring against him, he knew I had let El escape, he knew she was in the Golden City, but thank the Gods he didn't know about the baby.

Sunrise to sunset, I'm stuck in my room for what seemed like a hundred years, being locked up away from El felt like I was in eternal damnation, I'd rather he had just killed me on the spot instead of dragging this out.

I was caught trying to escape the Citadel castle, of course I tried to climb out my window like El did, I fractured my leg in two places when I fell and it took six weeks to heal, she made it look so easy.

I had been chained to my bed, I had no idea how long I had been here, no concept of time, just watching the sun rise and fall everyday without her.

I missed her so much my bed sheets left no trance or remnants of her ever being there, It felt cold, I wanted to just hold her in my arms as I laid there.

I know El would be a strong parent even though she would have to do it without me, I know she will have Jungkook for support, and that just makes me even more heartbroken that I couldn't be there, what if she fell in love with him, while I was gone, I couldn't bare the thought of anyone else touching her,

No, No he's my friend and she loves me.

He wouldn't do that, She definitely wouldn't do that, what if she thinks I abandoned them? I knew that Jungkook would look after her if I didn't return, she's safe there, our baby is safe there, but the thought of her hating me, just makes me want to jump off the roof.

Sunset to sunrise, all I could wonder was if my baby was born yet? Did I have a son or a daughter? Did they look like her or like me? Being here kills me everyday. I just want to be with them.

I'm going to be executed and I hadn't even seen my own child's face, or held them in my arms, I won't even know their name, I can't even tell El I love her one last time, or see her smile before I die. This is the worst kind of hell.

A knock came at the door, it was Seokjin, he looked conflicted, I knew he didn't want to keep me here, he was under the orders of my father.

He brought me news that Jungkook would attend my trial, and he would soon make his way to the Citadel.

"I saw her, the wastelander," says Seokjin.

"Yeah?" I said without lifting my head.

"Well she'll give birth to the Golden boys child any day now" he answered.

"Did she look well?" I asked.

"Well.. she looked a little sullen, maybe even a bit sad" he coaxed my emotions out of my body and then took a long breath. "Look Namjoon, I'm not dumb, I know that's your child I can see it in your eyes"

"Have you told my father? He will kill her if he finds out" I can feel a string of wetness drip around the edges of my cheeks.

"No I haven't, I've done enough to that poor girl, I executed her father, I've chased her to no end, but she's innocent in all this, just like you are, everything I've done-"

"Was all on the command of my father" I cut.

"It still wasn't right, none of this is right" he pulled a shackle key from his pocket.

"Are you saying th-"

"Just go to her Namjoon, hopefully one day she will forgive me" he said.

"I wouldn't bet on it" I smirked as he unshackled my wrists and ankles.

He put a sack over my head so I wouldn't be recognised, we delved deeper and deeper into the castle.

When he removed the sack hood we were in the crypt under the whole castle, and pointed to a crypt. It read Marionette De Luna, it was El's Mother.

Seokjin proceeded to tell me about what really happened, he was just a boy himself when she passed away, she had died from blood loss after giving life to Aurelia. The night of the blood moon.

My father took his opportunity to call attention to the Guards, and accuse El's father of murdering the Queen, he held the small infant girl in his hands, and fled the city for her safety.

Friends and his supporters also fled as Kim guards ransacked their homes, looking for them, people were slaughtered because of my father.

Seokjin had learned the truth from my father the day he had captured El near the Citadel wall, he felt terrible, He had killed her father for nothing, just on the order of his cousin.

"Take my horse and go to them, I will get Taehyung, meet with Jungkook, and I will evacuate them immediately and shut down the Citadel"

"Thank you Seokjin" I shook his hand.

"No Please, I owe her, I owe her a family, now go" I slipped out of the crypt and into the night.

🌓

🌓