🅣🅦🅔🅝🅣🅨❹

🌓

I had woken up to the cries of my child, yet I was unable to move my legs, I had been shackled to my bed, upon hearing the cries of Joon Min, a maiden had entered my room.

She brought him to my breast, as it was time for his morning feed.

"Why have I been bound to my bed?" I asked.

"It was the orders of his Majesty, King Jungkook, my lady, they have left for the Citadel walls" she curtsied and left the room.

Namjoon had left without me, while they had gone to fight the war against the Hierarchy, I was seething with anger, he had lied to me, I should be there, fighting alongside them.

I looked upon my sweet child's face, and my anger subsided, I remembered what Namjoon had said, Joon Min needed me, he was right, he knew I wouldn't listen to reason. He was always ten steps ahead of me.

For now I will trust my husband, for now I will be still and wait, but I would only give him a day and a night to return back to me, before I will go to find him.

As soon as Taehyung had heard of my awakening he had unshackled me from the bedposts, he had told me about the current situation at the Citadel, and that his father had lost the love of the people since the knowledge of my capture long before Joon Min was born.

The city had been in uproar demanding to see the face of Marta Leo's daughter to end the high rise of taxes and poverty amongst the people.

They had been reduced to squalid conditions and since the rising of anger of the people, it had caused the Hierarchy to be merciless.

He had raised taxes further, denying all blame for the city's poverty and famine, anyone that opposed him would be immediately sentenced to death, but since the escape of Namjoon there had been no executioner to stand for the sentencing. General Seokjin had vanished from the Citadel completely, leaving the people to wreck the city into ruins.

Upon pondering what had happened to the Citadel everything faded for a while, I was just silently praying that Namjoon would return to me unharmed and safe with that stupid smirk on his face.

I hadn't informed Taehyung that I had given Namjoon just one day, one night, until prepared to leave for the Citadel, I could go about the castle unseen and unheard.

I was deeply disturbed that all of the political imbalance was affecting the people, and costing them dearly.

🌓

As night fell, I lingered on the balcony for any sign of the Golden City banners, I was itching to leave as soon as possible but I had to be reasonable and let Namjoon take charge, even if it was just one day.

I plotted my entrance into the Citadel, all gates would be closed, so it was either the secret passage into the gardens or climb over the wall around the back.

I knew what my plan would entail, I had to find the Hierarchy and kill him, then I could finally return home, restore peace to the Citadel of Mono.

All the guards will be distracted by the Golden Army, slipping in the castle unseen shouldn't be difficult.

But if something bad was to happen to me, Joon Min would have a life without a mother, the same fate that I had, I would have to take extra precautions for his sake.

An abrupt wind caused a door to slam, waking Joon Min from his peaceful rest, he wailed and he cried from the loud ruckus that had startled him.

I leaned over his crib, he was so tiny still, my father said he used to sing to me when I was small, to ease my infant sorrows of hunger or loneliness when we went into hiding many years before the war.

"Moonchild you shine
When you rise, it's your time
Moonchild don't cry
When moon rise, it's your time
Moonchild you shine
When moon rise, it's your time"

-MONO

I felt a warm sense of happiness as Joon Min slowly drifted off to sleep, then struck with agony as I knew that I would have to maybe leave him when the dawn approached.

🌓

🌓