🅕🅘🅕🅣🅔🅔🅝

🌓

Namjoon and I were abruptly startled by the sounds of the Golden City trumpets, their brassy sound perked up our ears in an instant.

We walked to see Jungkook casually striding passed us towards the main foyer of his castle and motioned to follow, as we walked down the staircase, his General was awaiting on bended knee.

"Your highness, we have news from the outpost" Said the General.

"Namjoon, Aurelia, this is my General, Park Jimin, he's loyal and trustworthy, if you have concerns, please don't hesitate to ask him for anything" said Jungkook.

"Your highness- I'm sorry to be abrupt but The Kim Sentries are nearing the border, all of the wasteland- I mean Mono citizens have passed through our gate and are safely hidden inside the grounds"

"So what's the urgency?" Asked Jungkook.

"General Kim Seokjin, is with them, I think they're coming for you, Sir" he said towards Namjoon.

"General Jimin, take El to her room, Seokjin can't see her like this he will tell the Hierarchy and it'll be war, and it's too soon" Jungkook stared at El's small bump

"I can look after myself," I said.

Jimin took me to the staircase motioning for me to go up the stairs, but instead of taking me to my room, we entered a different space.

"We can listen in from here, the vents here travel down to the foyer, we can hear the conversation from here" said the General.

"You're very smart Jimin" He flushed a shade of pink and his plump lips reached up into a smile.

There were small pleasantries being passed between them, as I listen through the vent, the General Seokjin alerted to Namjoon that 'the fucking wastelander is missing'. I pointed to myself to let Jimin know he was talking about me.

Namjoon chatted back nonchalantly as if my existence was purely uninteresting, and told him it wasn't worth coming all the way to the Golden City to tell him.

The General Seokjin also told Namjoon that his father wants him to come home, Namjoon sounded exasperated, but Jungkook told the General that Namjoon was here for alliance purposes and that he also had a problem with a few wastelanders himself and that he had slaughtered a few.

The General was silent for a moment and pressed that Namjoon would need to come home back to the Citadel in two days time.

"I will stay and report back with the Hierarchy heir when his work is done here" said a voice, it was deep and faintly familiar.

General Jimin escorted me back to my room before we were caught eavesdropping by Namjoon and Jungkook.

"So you're the Monarch of the Citadel then my lady?" He asked "I don't mean to be impolite, it's just my father served your father in the war"

"Is he- did he-" I stuttered.

"No My Lady, he's alive and very well" he smiled.

"Does he talk about my father with fondness?" I was curious to know what his own men thought of him.

"Yes, he was brave and strong, battle is a very stressful time, but even though they had to retreat, your father never gave up his accomplices, even when he faced the noose, my father is alive because of it." Said Jimin.

"I would very much like to meet him one day" and he nodded at me in agreement.

Namjoon and Jungkook entered the room as Jimin and I were talking, he looked over to me with wary eyes, I know he has to leave in two days, and I have no idea when he will be back.

"We have a visitor" he called out to the person behind the door.

In came the Priest Min Yoongi, with a gentle smile, I hid my bump beneath a cushion and he just smiled wider.

"It's alright, Aurelia I know all about it" his eyes were soft and kind, yet I had no idea of his intentions towards me or my unborn child.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to officiate your wedding of course" he smiled some more.

Considering I hadn't agreed to any proposal of marriage, I was very confused, and Namjoon looked at the floor awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, I haven't accepted any kind of proposal other than coming to a mutual friendship with our ally Jeon Jungkook" I knew fully well what he was referring too, but what I didn't know was why was he here ready to marry us when I had said no.

"I'm here to legitimise your child" said Yoongi and it made me mad.

"Well- I apologise for your long and wasted journey," I said.

"Can everyone leave, please" Namjoon sounded agitated and I stood up to walk past him, "Not you" he stated.

I stood still in my spot as he moved his arms in my path, he waited for everyone to leave the room before he let out a deep sigh.

"Well- that was surprising," I said with my voice traced with sarcasm whilst sitting back on the bed.

"El... I don't see why you're so against this marriage, we need to get married before our child is born, it's their birthright"

"I told you... marriage is sacred-"

"You think I don't trust you?! You think I wouldn't die for you and my unborn child?!" He looked wounded.

"I know but-" and I felt a tear slip from the corner of my eye. "Why haven't you told me you were leaving in two days" and his face fell to the floor.

"I'm not going to abandon you if that's what you think" He sat beside me on the bed. "El.. please ?! El.. look at me... I've been crazy about you since the first day I saw you, I never want to leave you, ever." He held my face in his hands, I wanted to give in immediately.

"I love you"

I gave in.

🌓

🌓