🅣🅔🅝

🌓

It had been eight weeks of uninterrupted living for my tribe and I, the good doctor Hoseok would drop by our camp in his wagon with barrels of water for us to drink, and fruits for us to eat.

He would check up on the elderly and the young, to give medical aid if needed, life was pretty easy so far but I couldn't hunt as often, my body was completely worn out after the simplest of tasks.

My head would spin, and I vomited a few times, my tribe feared that I was sick, the Doctor Hoseok would check my vitals, but everything seemed to be fine, he said to make sure I eat a lot and rest when I could.

No word from the Golden City, Jeon Jungkook must have been informed of my presence, I half expected him to at least show up by now.

Maybe he didn't care enough, we were no threat, we had no retreat, let's just hope no news is good news.

Walking along the beach line, I breathed in the salty air, it was peaceful, the water tickled my feet as it washed in over the sand.

No Citadel guards had breached the border, if they had, Doctor Hoseok would have informed me of the news.

I took a seat on the sand, If I'm perfectly honest, I'm rather bored, no sneaking around, no one to threaten, no need to look over my shoulder.

I often wondered if Namjoon had forgotten about me, we weren't very close but since he was the first man I ever gave myself to, he was somewhat special to me in that regard at least.

I kind of missed the jerk, I smiled to myself digging my finger into the wet sand drawing a face with a dimpled smile.

"Who's your friend" Said Doctor Hoseok pointing to the sand drawing.

"No one, just a friend I guess" I smiled.

"He looks familiar" He chuckled as I scribbled the drawing out with my fingers.

There was no way he could know someone from that cruddy drawing in the sand, I think he was just playing around.

"How have you been feeling recently? any sickness or nausea?" He asked.

"A little bit, nothing excessive, I think it's just my body getting used to the new menu"

"Well maybe stop eating fish, eat plenty of fruit and in two days time I'll bring some rabbits from the city, would you like that?" He asked.

"Rabbit is my favourite" I missed it.

"I kno- umm that's good then!" He beamed "I'll take my leave and I will see you in two days"

"Perfect, is there anything we can do for you? You've been so kind to us"

"No, it's my job, I'm perfectly happy knowing you're all healthy" he smiled. "Now I must go, the day is wasting away and I must pack, I'll see you soon my dear" He trailed back making footprints in the wet sand. I can't wait to eat that rabbit.

🌓

Doctor Hoseok kept his word and delivered many rabbits every week, the tribe and I were delighted, we celebrated him, the tribe drank fermented fruit juices all night and danced around a bonfire in his honour.

I just slipped away back to the ocean, looking at the horizon, feeling a distance within myself from where I once lived.

I didn't know who I was anymore, I was neither a princess nor a raider, I was just living, just a breathing shell of my former self.

'My Queen'

It was getting harder and harder to forget him, I admitted to myself that I was fond of him, yet every night I still find myself by the ocean drawing his face in the sand.

The weeks blurred together into one, I felt weaker everyday, the Doctor Hoseok assured me that there was nothing wrong with me at all.

He would disappear, for two days at a time and come back with fresh rabbits, maybe Jeon was giving them to him from the Golden City, I didn't pry because I didn't want to seem ungrateful.

I had started burying my vomit in the sand so none from the tribe would think I was unfit to lead, no that there was much point in a leader anymore, no one needed to hunt or steal food.

Huts were more advanced, due to the time we have spent here it was almost a small village. Everyone was comfortable.

"El I need to ask you something personal, is that alright?" The Doctor Hoseok asked and being me out of my daydream, I nodded. "When was the last time you bled?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well.. when was the last time you laid with a man and how many have you laid with?" I cleared my throat, it was slightly uncomfortable.

"Just before I came here and just one" my voice squeezed out.

"As I thought, you're sick, you're tired, your belly is swollen, I think you're pregnant El, that's why I asked you to stop eating fish, and to eat rabbit"

"WHAT!, why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I had to make sure first, I'm going to have to leave again I have to tell-umm you will need other medications" He said patting me on the shoulder and left me to mull over what I had just been told.

"I'm going to be a mother"

🌓

🌓