forty six ▋his kiss, the riot

Start from the beginning

San hummed to himself, musing about all the memories that Kim Faction heir couldn't even think to recall. "Your faction tried to murder me alongside Mari's mother and I was the only one to survive the attack. Your faction set the Utopia on fire and almost trapped all of my friends inside a burning building. You attacked our home base and would have murdered Mari without thinking anything of it had you two not been called out by Jaerin. Oh, and I can't forget all of the trouble you caused Wooyoung who had been hopelessly pinning after that girl since he was a child."

"Oh," the boy trailed off, unable to properly respond to San's reasonings. "Those are some really good reasons to be untrusting."

"I know right?" He commented as the two reached the third floor of the house. "I've been sitting in shallow anger for months now and now I've got the perfect chance to get reparations. All I need to do is push," San told him, turning and imitating the motion of him pushing a person down the very long stairs. "And all my worry will be over within the blink of an eye."

"You're kinda scary, you know that?" Hongjoong asked him, almost scoffing at the boy's actions as he moved past him.

San smiled at his words, turning on his heel to follow him. "I'm the devil of the Seo Faction for a reason. I just choose to be friendly to those who happen to have their goals intertwine with my own."

"Your own goals?"

"I'm here because I want to save my friend. Wooyoung is Mari's childhood friend, but he's also my closest friend in the Seo Faction." He told him, shrugging softly as he explained himself. "It gets lonely without him, I won't lie. I miss his bad sarcasm and his petty arguments with Mari, but I'm also worried about him. He's a very strong willed person, he would go to hell and back in a eternal loop if it meant keeping the Kim Faction away from the people he cared about."

"Is that why he pointed a gun at me when we first met?" Hongjoong joked, a small smile growing on his face as San smiled back.

"Probably! He's a very eccentric person, that's why we like him so much."

The more Hongjoong spoke to San, the more comfortable he got with him. Which was funny seeing as though the boy had threatened to kill him multiple times over the last minute or so. That's probably just how he worked, how he gained curious friends like Mari and Wooyoung back at his faction. Though, Hongjoong couldn't judge him much. He was in love with Mari and the boy had his own gang of curious people on his side.

"Second room on the left, that's where my room is," He instructed. "Go in there and please stay in there until Mari comes back. Once she returns, we'll let you run free and cover for you as best as we possibly can. It shouldn't take long, it's been about three minutes so she'll be back any second."

"No," San declined, his hands shoved deep into his pockets as he looked from the room's door to Hongjoong. "That's boring, I don't want to wait in there. Let me come with you!"

"Are all of you this stubborn?" Hongjoong mumbled to himself, recalling the times Mari flat out refused to heed his warning. "San, if someone catches you, they'll kill you. Mari's got special permission straight from my father to even be standing in the building. You snuck in here per Mari's requests."

"I don't think you know what you're dealing with," San told him, standing firmly in place so that he couldn't be moved. "You've got one of the best soldiers from the Seo Faction with you right now, dare I say I'm shooting even higher than a soldier. You don't need to worry about me, I can handle myself when I'm getting attacked by myself."