Great Talk

(BLU)

"Robin's birthday is approaching and I still don't know what to give him as his gift," I sighed while browsing on my phone to look for a gift for Robin. I asked Mr.Google but so far, I see nothing interesting enough. At least interesting enough for Robin. "Why is it so hard to find a gift for that guy? He is rich, he could buy everything. He has everything. What is there I can give him?" I agonized while rolling on the floor of AnneMarie's bedroom.

I will have dinner with AnneMarie's family tonight. Tito Dennis just got promoted and we are sort of celebrating. But I will not sleep here. Mr.Akage or Robin will probably pick me up later.

Me sleeping over on the Montemayors is something still not being adviced by AnneMarie's doctors. We still have a few issues to tackle before that will be permitted. That's okay, AnneMarie and I are not making a fuss. We are happy with her progress.

Many at St.Anne commented about how different AnneMarie is. I don't. I think she has been acting as herself. The AnneMarie I know: sassy, bitchy, sardonic and sometimes dark and cynical...is now on the surface. She could still be bubbly and sweet but no one could mistake anymore that that's all she is. AnneMarie is not all honey. She could be a ghost pepper too.

My bestfriend is lying on ber back at her bed while reading an article on a social media. She tsked, "What's the last thing he asked from you? That should give you an idea about what Robin wants."

I groaned. "The last thing he asked from me? My virginity."

AnneMarie coughed in surprise. "What?!" She scrambled to sit up on her bed and gaved at me incredulously. "Is that true?"

I nodded pensively. "I think he is ready for sex." I said with a sigh.

"What about you? Are you ready for that?" AnneMarie asked. She snatched a pillow to hug it against her body. Her face, a study of curiosity.

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe..."

"That sounded so vague, Blu." She complained.

"I know," my shoulders slumped. "I know I am not ready for sex. For one thing...what does that entails anyway? I think I will need details. Like lots of them. But on the other hand...I don't think I have anything extraordinary planned for my virginity. I mean...what other prospect do I have to use it for?"

AnneMarie scratch her neck. "I guess, you have a point. I mean, do you plan to stay a virgin until your wedding night?"

I chuckled. "When will I get married? Ten years, twenty years from now...? I'm gonna stay a virgin for twenty more years? I mean, am I being cavalier about this topic because I am a dude and not a girl? How about you?" I asked AnneMarie.

AnneMarie checked the open door first before she leaned closer to whisper conspiratorially to me. "I plan to lose it in college." She said under her tone.

"Oh..." I was a bit suprised at that.

"College or before I turned twenty five. I want to experience sex before I turned twenty five."

"That's a solid plan." I said, quite impressed.

"Yes, I think so too." AnneMarie is quite proud of herself. "But I think college is the safest bet."

"What about your parents?" I asked. "Will you tell them?"

"I don't know..." AnneMarie sighed. "You know they are already worrying about the state of my head. I don't want to worry them some more. But then again, Mom and Dad are cool, right?"

"They are cool. I think they will support your decision." I agreed.

"I hope so. But until then, I will try to find someone to desire enough to want to get naked with them," AnneMarie laid on her bed again. "I mean, I am still half in love with you. I once dreamed about us losing our virginities together on our wedding night. But now, I think you are right. I won't wait for a wedding night. I will learn about safe sex and find someone who will be kind enough to take care of me when I decided to get rid of my v-card."