Back to School

(BLU)

"Blu!"

I almost jumped in fright the moment I climbed off Robin's car when someone familiar shouted my name and cannon ball into my body.

"AnneMarie!" I hugged my bestfriend back and we started jumping a little up and down while hugging right there in the school's parking lot.

It's the first day of the new school year. I felt like this year's vacation was both long and short. I sure had fun with my family. I learned a new skill (swimming) and I experienced a lot.

But I am glad school is here again and we can go back to our normal routine of studying, homeworks, quizzes and projects.

Plus, I will see my bestfriend everyday again.

"Hello Robin," I sighed as my bestfriend let me go to smile shyly at Robin who emerged from the driver's side. AnneMarie waved her hand a little too.

"Hello," Robin nodded politely at AnneMarie as he slung his backpack's strap on hs shoulder. "I will message you when its time to go home, Blu. I have swimming practice today."

"Can't I watch the practice and wait for you there?" I asked Robin.

"I don't think so. It will be closed to other students." Robin said.

"If that is the case, maybe it will be better if I will just commute. I can go home by myself if you will be late," I said.

"Or you can ride with Daddy and I, Blu." AnneMarie said. "We will drop you off," she said.

"It will be a little out of the way. I couldn't impose that much," I said to AnneMarie before turning back to Robin. "I will be fine. Go practice well," I said.

Robin frowned at me and my bestfriend. Then he shrugged like it didn't matter to him whatever I do. "Yeah, whatever. You can always go home on your own. Or call Gilbert to pick you up. It's up to you. Have a nice day, you two. I'll see you later at home, Blu." Robin nodded at us before walking away. I followed him with my eyes and saw Robin meeting his swim teammates while walking. They did the loud greetings, back slapping and fist bumps.

"Tsk," I snorted at them before turning to my bestfriend. I saw AnneMarie still looking at Robin. "Is Robin okay?" She asked me. "Did you two had fun this summer break? He looks like he is wound tight." She added in observation.

"He's like that because of the Swim Meet next week. Robin has been practicing hard to win medals," I said as I pulled AnneMarie towards the direction of our first class.

"Oh right! I almost forgot. The Swim Meet is the first major sports that happens every year. Do you think Robin could win lots of gold this time?" AnneMarie asked with concern on her tone.

"Robin is in top form. He will be fine," I waved my hand dismissively. I don't worry about Robin. He will do great on the competition next week. And even if he doesn't, which I hope won't happen, I am still proud of him.

But really, I wish Robin will get every medal he deserves for his hard work. I will be cheering for him.

But I think I'm not the only one thinking of showing support for Robin on next week's competition.

"Are we allowed to make banners and streamers to support the team? Will the cheerleading squad be there to cheer them on? Oh I wish we could be there to cheer loudly for them," AnneMarie said.

"I think we could be there," I said. I sure plan to be there for Robin, by hook or by crook. I promised him a pre game kiss. Of course I had to be there for him.