Goodluck Kiss

(BLU)

I stood beside the pool and stare down at Robin floating on his back in the middle of the water and looking up at the night sky.

"You will get cold. Come out of the water," I said before turning away to get the towel draped at the backrest of the lanai chair.

"The pool is heated. The water is not cold," Robin said. I sighed. Trust rich people to have a pool that can heat up. Well, its no surprise that Mr.Akage took great care in building this pool for Robin since Robin loves swimming. Its therapy for Robin.

I sat down at the tiled floor beside the pool and dangled my legs and feet into the water. Yup, the water is warm enough to feel good. I also didn't mind if my shorts and underwears got wet when I sat down. I'll change out of them before going to bed anyways.

But for now, my focus is on Robin.

"What are you thinking?" Since having a meal with Mr.Akage and his parents, Robin turned quiet. Not pouting in silence but more like he got into the habit of thinking deeply about matters I don't know about.

"Forgiveness," Robin said.

"Alright. That is deep," I sighed. "What about it? What about forgiveness are you thinking about?"

Robin moved from floating on his back to wading into the water to get close to me. "You forgive easily. You forgave Tim for punching you. You forgave AnneMarie easily for blackmailing us. You forgave me and all my aggressions too. You forgive easily."

"Do I?" I never looked at it that way before.

"You do," Robin swam to get in front of me. He touched my legs lightly. "I think I hate that about you. Why do you forgive things easily?"

"Then what about you? Why did you forgive your grandfather and my parents like that?" I asked him back.

"Who said I already forgave your parents?" Robin grumbled and pouted at the same time. I feel exasperated by him. "You already forgave them. I know you..."

If Robin is still angry or feeling hateful towards my parents, he would be still lashing out. Probably at me because I am the son of the people who were a big part of the reason why Robin has a condition.

But Robin has stopped being angry. And the only reason behind that is because he has found forgiveness for my parents in his heart. No matter how blunt or abrasive Robin might be, he also has a heart that could forgive. He is amazing like that.

"Because Ojiisan loved me. I know he did. And your parents gave me you...I forgave them for you." Robin said lightly like it doesn't affect him that much.

"Hmmm..." I nodded. "Then maybe I forgave Tim because a punch heals easily. AnneMarie because she is my bestfriend. You because..." I managed to stopped myself before saying I forgave him because I love him.

But the words I didn't say, Robin understood. He came closer to put his head on my knees. "I cannot forgive Daimo and Misaki. No, cannot is not the right word. I won't forgive them."

Ah, so his contemplative mood is about his parents. I get it now.

"I think its alright not to forgive them if you don't want to," I said.

Robin lifted his head up to look at me. A satisfied smile appear on his lips. "Blu "I'm nicer than Robin" Tañada, saying its alright not to be a good guy and forgive people. Hmmm, interesting."

I frowned at his moniker for me. Then I shrugged. "Its logical. You don't owe anyone for you to forgive them. When you are the victim, when you are the one who got hurt, its not your obligation to forgive those who has sinned you. Especially if they left a scar in you to remind you constantly of what they did."