Status

(GILBERT)

When the boys left first to go to school, that gave me the chance to confront Zane while he is dressing for work.

"What have you done?" I asked my lover as I watch him knot a tie on.

Zane didn't even bother to misunderstand the meaning behind my question. "I sent Blu's aunt money to have that reassurance that she won't be utterly concern for her nephew while Blu is in our care."

I gaped at him. "You sent her money? How much..."

"It's not that much. And I said it's her share from the profits of her brother's textile company." Zane replied easily.

"And is that the truth?"

"Yes," Zane finished knotting the tie and smiled at me. "It surprises me too but the Tañadas' modest textile company is generating enough profits for me to be happy managing it. I am also setting aside some good amount to an account in Blu's name that he can access anytime."

I felt relieved at that. "So Blu's future is secured?"

"Yes," Zane nodded. "At least financially, Blu will have nothing to worry about. And that has always been our goal. I told you, Gilbert...we will take care of Blu, no matter what."

"As we should. His parents died because of your family." I said grimly.

Zane sighed. He walked towards me and stop to put his hands on my shoulder. "I know you are not happy about that..."

"And you will be right," I tilt my head to look at my lover. "I'm not happy that our mistakes resulted in more deaths and a boy left as an orphan. We could take care of Blu and secure his future but that won't ever compensate to the lost of his parents. His parents could take care and secure Blu's future as well. And they would love him fiercely too."

Zane stared into my eyes. "You love Blu." He said, not as a question but as a fact.

I nodded. "I do." I'm not denying that. Blu has a spot in my heart now.

Zane sighed before moving his arms so he can hug me. "Thank you for loving him, Gilbert." He said. "I don't know if I can fully love Blu when I feel too much guilt when I am thinking of him. And I also have Robin which is someone I will always prioritize above anyone. Even you. Even myself..."

"I understand," I said, meaning it. Master Robin is the ultimate victim of our sins. Of course we have to prioritize Master Robin's welfare.

We stayed hugging for some moments before I pushed Zane away. "Your clothes will get wrinkled." I said.

"I don't care." Zane said before he leaned his head down to kiss me. I sighed as I answered his passion with mine. I didn't deny him when Zane deepened the kiss. I am happy receiving his affections.

After the satisfying kiss, Zane smiled at me while swiping a finger on my moist and well kissed lips. "I love you," he said with utter and naked sincerity in his eyes.

"I love you too," I readily reciprocated his feelings. Then worry entered my chest. "Are you sure you want to meet my family when they got here in Manila?"

"Of course," Zane frowned at me. "Why won't I want that?"

"I don't know," I sighed. "I think I am nervous."