Good Boys Lie Too

(ZANE AKAGE)

"Will they be alright?" I stood behind Gilbert in front of the kitchen's window and joined him in  watching Robin and Blu make their way into their Mama Gloria's backyard vegetable garden.

A while ago, I heard Gilbert asking the boys to pick up some vegetables in the garden. He sent them with a basket and some small scissors in hands and reminded them to wear boots as they traversed in the dirt.

"They will be. Don't worry." Gilbert said with a smile in his voice.

"I cannot help being a little worried as you sent them with scissors." I said.

"To cut off the stems of tomatoes and eggplants. Surely they will not start hacking each other's hair with those." Gilbert frowned at me. "Have some faith on the boys." He sounded like he is reprimanding me.

"I have faith in them but you cannot deny that both of them have been acting stupid." I said.

"They are teenage boys, what do you expect? They cannot wash their own socks properly, much less figure out love in just one sitting." Gilbert said before sighing and looking outside in the garden again. Then my husband smile, "But they will be alright. They have each other. What a little misunderstanding here and there when its all part of being in love?" He said and grinned at me.

I smiled back at him. I love the peace I see in Gilbert's eyes. There is no anxiety in him. Not anymore. I leaned close to kiss his forehead. I hate that I have to break this news to him. "They are releasing the victims' possessions on that accident. The Chief of Police called to notify me."

"Hmmm," Gilbert hummed. I leaned out to see him looking contemplative. "And? What else did the Chief said?"

"Blu's aunt requested the items of the Tañadas to be delivered to Blu's school, per Blu's request. They are releasing his parents' personal belongings to Blu." I said.

Gilbert frowned a little. "Do you want me to intercept it?" He asked. "I mean, those are the only pieces of evidences I haven't gotten my hands into as they were stored in the Crime Scene Division of NCRPO. I thought, why infiltrate that division when all they are doing are storing those evidences? They are not processing those because the whole thing was an accident."

"Can you? I'm not saying there is something in there that we should worry about but still..."

"Its better to check than be sorry. I know," Gilbert nodded to agree with my logic. "Don't worry...once we are back in Manila, I will work on that." My husband said.

"Thank you," I pulled him against my body. I stared at the boys making their way to the tomatoes planted at the far end side of the garden. "Should we buy a farm? I think gardening and harvesting vegetables are good for them."

Gilbert pushed me away to sneer. "Do you have excess money again and you are thinking of buying just about anything you can think of?"

"Its not just anything. Land is always a good form of investment." I said. "Besides, we should think of somewhere we can retire. You love to garden and putter around with dirt and soil. We will just buy something where you can do what you do in the penthouse' garden, only in a biggest scale."

Gilbert gave me a look that says he is not buying anything I am selling. He shook his head. "Raise the boys well first before you think of retiring. And don't buy anything yet." He said before walking away from the window.

I scratched my head. What will I do now with the profit I gained by selling my shares in Haruma Corps to Misaki?

Ah whatever. I sighed and look out for the boys again. I wonder how they will fix their problems. And when its a good time to remind them that Gilbert and I are willing to help them.