Related

(GILBERT)

Two days later and I am feeling like a brand new person. The remnants of the vicious cold virus that assailed my body are finally gone and I can go on my day like its all normal. Although Zane reminded me to still take things easy because I am recovering from a sickness that prompted me to stay in bed for two days, but I am feeling great about my health again and doing normal housechores well.

Everything is well in my world again.

Thats until my husband called me to his office to tell me the news that while I was sick, Master Robin and Blu took the time to pick up the Tañadas' personal belongings in that accident case before going shopping for ingredients on the soup they made for me.

I felt stunned to silence on that news while sitting inside my husband's work office.

"When did you learn about this?" I asked Zane.

"The same day the boys picked the package on the police station. Monday." My husband said calmly.

"That was over two days ago. Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" I cannot believe Zane has made the mistake of keeping something as important as this from me.

"Because you were sick and you don't need an added stress while trying to get better," Zane said, still calmly.

I closed my eyes to summon all my patience at his answer and manner. "And so, what should we do now? I hope you didn't ask Blu and Master Robin about this..."

"No. I am not that stupid," Zane rambled before sitting next to me long lounge chair. "Its gonna be alright."

"Will it?" I looked at his face. Zane seems calm and collected, but I know my husband. The more calm his outward expression is, the more he is overthinking things inside his head. "I feel uneasy about this. Tell me, what about you?"

"Yes, my instinct is blaring warnings on me too. I know Luis and Denise have done all they can to screw things up for me. They always did, and I know death won't stop them from making it difficult for me to breathe," Zane grumbled. Something dark flashed on his eyes and I know he is angry on Blu's biological parents again.

"They have always been a thorn in our sides," I said to agree with him.

"Shameless people. If they conspire to kidnapping a child and giving their victim traumatizing experience, they should have knelt and begged for our forgiveness. But no. When they got arrested, they kept on harping about being simple accomplices and doing all of it for money. That they did what they did because they were ordered by Rei." Zane started wringing his hands at the mention of his ex lover who was the mastermind on everything. "And when they learned that Blu is a cure for Robin's condition, they used their son to take advantage of our family."

"Thats over and done with..." I touched Zane's forearm. "Blu loves his parents. For him, they are nothing but good parents. Blemishing their image on Blu's eyes might backfire on us."

I believe it won't do us any good to try and smear Blu's parents' images on our son's mind.

"Yes," Zane nodded. "Thats why I kept quiet about all the times his parents asked us for money for keeping Blu near us. Oh, its like paying blackmail but I was willing to pay them forever.  They are the ones who chickened out and tried to take Blu away from us."

Yes, thats the crux of the matter. If the Tañadas didn't get scared and let Blu closer to Master Robin like we originally planned, things won't have happened like this. But I guess Luis and Denise were normal people who doesn't want their son near their best kept secret. In the end, they died because they were afraid to tell Blu that they conspired to child kidnapping and was taking money because of Blu's usefulness to Master Robin.