Invites

(BLU)

Like his promise, Mr.Akage gave the permission to Robin and I to invite over classmates and friends to the penthouse.

"One or two friends won't be a problem. But invite a horde of them and you two are on your own. Do you both understand?"

Those were Mr.Akage's words. A not so subtle threat that once Robin throws a full on party with forty or more of his swim teammates...Robin and I are on our own to keep the penthouse from being destroyed or robbed.

That's why I am having a second thought about inviting AnneMarie over. All because of this guy...

I scowled at Robin as he drove us to school this morning. "Will you really invite the whole swim team if I will invite AnneMarie to the penthouse?" I asked the jerk.

Robin handled the steering wheel relaxedly. "Why don't you invite her and lets find out together what I will do," he simply replied.

He will do it. Robin is prideful and crazy. He will really do it.

If I invited AnneMarie to the penthouse, Robin will doom us both by throwing a wild pool party for himself and his whole swim team, including the girl's swimming team. That's more than forty people in total. All teenagers...

That will be a total nightmare for me. They will surely be loud and wild in their swimming trunks and suits. Moving and swarming around the penthouse where I would bump on them and will be force to engage in one or two small talks.

I will be doomed.

"Look," I turned my body a little to face Robin as I thought of another strategy to use. "I really need help with my project. AnneMarie can help me. It will improve my grade..."

"And I really need to throw a party in the penthouse. It will be fun..."

The scare of getting into an accident is the only reason why I didn't kick Robin. He is driving, I should not disturb or jar him so he could get us to school in safety.

I sighed, "Fine! I will invite AnneMarie this weekend at the penthouse. You invite your whole swim team next week," I will go with Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert in their vacation the day Robin will throw his party.

"No," Robin steered the car on the left when we got into an intersection. "The party will happen the same weekend you will invite your friend." He said.

Oh...he is really trying my patience. "Why?! Why are you doing this to me?!" Really?! Why is Robin being difficult like this?

"Because you and I are in this together, Blubells." Robin gave me a little smirk before focusing on the road again. We are about to enter the school's premises. "I won't let you have your peaceful, boring project discussion with AnneMarie and let you escape the next weekend to leave me to care for the penthouse alone..."

I felt amaze. "How did you...?" How did Robin learn that that was my plan?

Robin snorted, "Oh please, that one was a no brainer.  If I want to get one over my opponent, that's what I will do. If I am in your situation, that's what I will plan to do. Let Robin take responsibility for his own party and the penthouse."

"Well, you are an Akage. That's your penthouse. I am sure, if it got trashed or something was stolen, your Uncle will forgive you..."