Huge

(ROBIN)

"You want me to what?" I looked around to make sure I didn't step into a nightmare myself. I mean, I have been sleeping quite close to Blu these days, maybe his nightmares are finally jumping into my head and I am having them or...

My old nightmares are coming back. I mean, I thought close proximity to Blu has finally cured me but I could be wrong.

"Your father is in town, I want you to have dinner with us." Uncle said.

"Right. Thats what I heard you say." I chuckled upon learning that my hearing ability is still functioning well. "Now, I'm wondering, what makes you think I will say yes to that?"

I cannot believe my Uncle Zane is wasting his time and mine on calling me to his home office just to tell me that Daimo is in town and they will have dinner. Why will they have dinner? Why will they want me to join them? What kind of sick brotherly kind of shenanigan is this that Uncle and Daimo are concocting?

They must be insane.

Uncle sighed. "Look, Robin..."

"I don't want any part of whatever craziness you two are thinking of doing." I said quickly to make my point clear.

"There is no craziness. Its just dinner between Akage men..."

"You are the only Akage here," I said matter of factly.

Uncle gave me a pained look. "Robin. Its just dinner."

"Which is more than what Daimo deserves. Uncle, why are you giving this to him?" I frowned. "What could Daimo possibly have that you would want?"

I know my Uncle. He only does things that could benefit our family or fit in whatever grand scheme he is playing.

There was a moment of hesitation before Uncle started telling a bizarre story about their mother and Daimo's sudden importance to him.

"I told you all of it because I want to be completely honest with you. I am trying not to hide anything from you and Blu anymore," Uncle said once he finished telling his story. "You are right, you and Blu are all grown now. There's no need to hide too many things from you two. You are both maturing well enough to understand certain things about the adult world."

"Except I wish you hide this one from me. Really Uncle, you could've spare me this. I don't need a grandmother and father. Really." I said.

"Well, I need your father to behave. And in that, you will help me. Take one for the team, or in our case...take one for our family, Robin. I need you to show some semblance of understanding on what your father is going through..."

"Is he finally dying?" I asked. "What is it exactly he is going through?"

"His addictions..."

"Those were his choices," I sneered uncaringly.

"Robin Akage!" I flinched hard when Uncle shouted my name. I blinked in surprise as Uncle gazed at me with disapproval and disappointment in his eyes.

Uncle sighed. "I know you don't care about your father, I won't even blame you for that. But to be this unfeeling towards someone dealing with severe addiction, where is your empathy? I am not asking you to take pity on your father, or visit him on the rehab if he agrees to finally take that leap. Or even talk to him everyday. I just want you to give him that little push to be better. Not as a son but at least as a human. Is that too hard for you?"

I clamped my lips. Uncle nodded. "You have no sympathy for Daimo, I get that. But for me, how I think about this...is if I can get your father into a rehab facility, secure him there and make sure he is getting the help he needs to get better there...then that is one less person I would worry about bothering you. One less person who will badger you when you should be focusing on your life. How's those calls you have been receiving from your mother and Haruma grandparents?"