Resolve

(BLU)

Robin is a double edged sword. I know he could be loyal to his uncle to a fault. But keeping him in my corner is an important step for my fight against Mr.Akage.

It will be a long fight. And I might not win at all. Surely, I could lose again and again against two formidable opponents. Like Robin said, we are decades behind Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert. And as I think about it, those two has truly achieved a lot of things through the years after Robin's kidnapping.

They managed to keep Robin and raise him in a supportive and loving home. Robin is quite satisfied with how Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert take care of him. In truth, I also have no complaints. They give me good food, a beautiful home, and a safe environment to live into. I get to stay in St.Anne and be with my friends. How can I complain about that?

Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert established a steady household and acquired two boys to raise as their sons. Two boys that they got by severing their relationships with their parents. Robin is an adult now, he can freely choose to put a distance between him and his parents who never raise him anyways.

While my parents are dead. They are now physically away from me. I have no intention of dragging my aunt into this. I won't even think about involving AnneMarie's parents in this mess. So in the end, the only adults around me are Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert. I can only look at them for inspiration on how I can defeat them.

Not to mention Mr.Akage is now the head of one of the biggest bank in the world. Robin said powerful businessmen and politicians owe Akage bank one way or another. All of them are in Mr.Akage's pockets. One call and they will clamor to do favor for the powerful banker.

How do one go up against that?

Seeming an impossible task, I know that. I'm aware of that reality.

But still, the biggest obstacle is Mr.Gilbert. How does one fight against someone who does his all to take care of you?

"Blu, do you want more rice?" Mr.Gilbert asked when he saw that I have finished my rice.

"I...ah...no..." I mumbled. "I'll just finish my chicken. I'm full." I said while avoiding looking directly at him.

"Are you sure?" Mr.Gilbert reached for the green salad with delicious creamy dressing. "Then have more salad." He said while placing two scoops of greens on my plate. "They could be filling too. How about some more juice?"

"Yes, please..." I nodded. The juice also tastes nice.

"Stop fussing over the boy and let him eat in peace, Gilbert." Mr.Akage looked at me. "You still look a little pale. Are you sure you feel alright? We can ask a doctor to come here and check on you."

Yes. Mr.Akage is a kind of person who can place a phonecall on a doctor, who is probably busy and expensive, to drop anything they are doing to come to the penthouse and check on his adopted son. Thats how powerful he is.

"No. No need for a doctor. I feel fine. Don't worry." I said.

"Alright. But if ever you feel off, tell us immediately." Mr.Akage went back to his food after saying that. He made true of his words not to fuss over me.

Robin snickered. "You two are smothering him. I know you are desperate for Blu not to leave us, but can you two tone it down a little? You are being too obvious in your obsession with him."

Mr.Akage gave Robin an annoyed glare. Mr.Gilbert winced helpless at me. They really perfected their roles in this family. Mr.Akage is the grumpy and authoritative head of the family while Mr.Gilbert is the more patient and loving parent.