Technically, Not Alone

(BLU)

I slid down on the floor with my back against the closed door. My ears are open to listen to the conversation happening outside the room between Robin and AnneMarie.

I thank my instinct that prompted me to corner Robin to ask him to reject AnneMarie kindly. If I dallied even a day, it would turn to be a disaster. At least now, I have Robin's words that he will say no to AnneMarie's proposal and his promise that he will let her down gently.

None of Robin's usual rude and brusque manners.

I turned my head to press an ear against the closed door so I can listen to their conversation better.

"What do you want to talk about?" That question was asked in Robin's voice.

"It's about...uhm...about that thing..." I heard a faint female sigh. "I want to talk about my proposal to you. To..." a hesitating pause. "...be my date on the Love Ball this Friday."

"It's still on? The Love Ball?" I put a hand on my mouth when I heard the same surprised tone in Robin's question just like my tone awhile ago when AnneMarie informed me that the Love Ball is still happening.

"Yes," AnneMarie replied. "So, will you be my date for it?" I sighed when I heard that hopeful note on my bestfriend's tone.

I think AnneMarie do like Robin. She really has an ultimate crush on him.

I heard Robin sighing, "I would love to be your date to the Love Ball..."

My eyes widened at what he said. Is Robin reneging on our deal? That was just five minutes ago...when he promised to reject AnneMarie! The hell...

I pressed my ear harder to the door. My hands also fisted, I am controlling myself to stay inside this room and not burst out to strangle Robin.

"But I am not even sure if I will attend the Love Ball. I think I have a schedule to the doctors that day. For the removal of my stitches." Robin continued to say.

I depleted. The hell...his stitches are scheduled to be removed on the same day as the Love Ball?

His stitches that were there because I dropped a mic on him on that day that AnneMarie first proposed to Robin to be her date for the Love Ball.

Wow...it's like a circle.

"Oh...I see..." AnneMarie sounded extremely disappointed. "You will not attend the Love Ball?"

"Not exactly, what I said was I am not sure if I will attend. I haven't said anything about it to my uncle yet." Robin replied evenly.

"But if you will attend..."

I heard Robin chuckling, "I will have no time to ask anyone to attend the ball with me. I don't even have a decent thing to wear yet."

"So you might go alone," AnneMarie surmised.

"Maybe. If I will go. Like I said, I haven't ask permission from my uncle yet." Robin retort back.

"I see. Okay," AnneMarie sighed. "I wish you could go with me..."

"What about Blu?" Robin suddenly asked. "Don't you want to go to the ball with your bestfriend?"