The Video

(GILBERT)

I watched in satisfaction as my husband almost choked on the foamy toothpaste in his mouth when he heard what I told the boys when Master Robin and Blu asked me why I decided to stay by Master Robin's side and take care of him.

Zane managed to survive to rinse his mouth before turning to me again. "You told them you fell love at first sight on me?"

"Yes I did. Here, wipe your face." I handed a towel to him before walking outside the bathroom. I felt Zane following him.

"Thats funny considering how much you hated me when this relationship started as I was a total jerk and..."

"Raping me every chance you got," I said. Zane stopped walking behind me. I turned around to see him looking pale and guilty. "Oh, did I shoot off my mouth again?"

"No. You just told the truth," Zane sighed. "Thats what I was doing back then. Hurting you. Abusing you. Using you to take my anger out because Rei was dead and Robin was so damaged, I felt hopeless and useless. And I took the fact that you feel guilty and scared to fight me or use a gun to finally put me out of my misery..."

"Maybe I didn't do it because I like seeing you so miserable," I said. I walked to our bed and sat on the foot of it. Zane sat between my legs and rested his head on my right thigh. He hugged my waist. I touched his still damp hair.

"I love you so much, Gilbert. I will spend my days making it up to you. I will devote my life to keeping you happy." My husband sighed his promises.

"The only thing I want is to keep our family together," I said.

"And I will make sure our sons will stay with us. Don't worry about it," Zane look up to grin at me. He look so boyish being like that. I touched his cheek tenderly. "I love you too." I said while looking into his eyes.

I helped Zane to dry his hair. It feels so domestic and I cannot believe this is our life now. That after all the downs and the past, its almost a miracle that we got to this point. How many times have we thought that we will lose Master Robin, but in the end...we not only have Master Robin around but Blu as well.

Its truly something sort of miraculous that the four of them are now living together.

After dying Zane's hair, we went out to get something to drink. I could've done it myself but Zane decided to be on my tail.

"Should I check on the boys to see if they are already asleep?" Zane asked while I am choosing the wine for us.

"Its Friday, they have no school tomorrow. Also, its a long weekend since they have no school on Monday for a festival holiday. I'm sure they will try to be awake as long as they could." I said with a chuckle. I took two glasses off a cabinet and placed on the counter while Zane look for something to open the wine. He was pouring the red liquid when we heard voices coming from the hallway.

"Lets watch it tonight," it was Master Robin coming behind Blu while the latter is entering the kitchen. Blu stopped upon seeing us. I smiled at them. "Still not sleepy?"

"No. Not yet," Blu went to the fridge and opened it. "I want some ice cream thats why I came here,"

"What about you?" Zane asked his nephew. "Why are you pestering Blu?"

"I'm not pestering him. Blu found a cd on his parents' belongings and when he feed it on a player, it played a video of his 14th birthday. They went to HongKong Disneyland that year." Master Robin explained. "I want to watch the whole thing but Blu is saying no."

"If he is saying no, you have to respect that." I said. "Blu probably has a reason why he doesn't want to watch that video."

We looked at Blu who has an opened pint of ice cream and a spoon on his hands. "Do you feel sad while watching that video because you miss your parents, Blu?" Zane asked. A sensible question given that Blu's birthday is approaching and he must miss his parents.