The Best Part

(BLU)

"How's it going out there?" Mr.Gilbert asked when I got into the kitchen to look for food for me and the two insane people I left in the garden.

Mr.Gilbert and Tita Patty are busy preparing the ingredients for the dinner they will cook later on. Tito Dennis and Mr.Akage are sitting on the breakfast table while talking about something. The atmosphere in the kitchen is miles away from the ambiance on the lanai garden. Here, peace and camaraderie is in the air, outside...sarcasm and bickering.

But still...

"It's going better than I thought. They haven't gone for each other's jugular yet. I mean sure, they already threatened to drown each other but that's just because the pool is near and they are united in frustrating me. "I said to Mr.Gilbert. I checked the things they are preparing and it looks like we will dine on tonkatsu and mapo tofu tonight. Yum. "But other than that, I think it's going well." I added.

Four sets of eyes blinked at me. Tita Patty gave me an unsure look, "I see. Do you need anything?" She asked, a bit worried.

"I'm looking for juice and some snacks. But don't bother getting it for me. I can prepare that on my own. But first, can I sit here for a while?" I asked Tito Dennis and Mr.Akage.

"Sure Blu," Tito Dennis pushed a chair beside him so I can sit there. I sat down and heaved a sigh.

Mr.Akage gave me a kind smile. "How optimistic are you that they will get along one day?"

"Very optimistic. As long as we will all live to a thousand years. Eventually, during that long millenia, they will surely stop acting like hyperactive children and get along with each other. I hope," I said with a forlorn feeling.

Mr.Gilbert laugh, "Ah Blu, you are funny."

"Yeah...my life is such a comedy right now." I smile at Mr.Gilbert.

"Shouldn't you go back out there...maybe try to keep them from hurting each other?" Tito Dennis winced when I winced.

"I should. But I want to trust them both a little. Surely they will not physically harm each other. If they will..." I shuddered at the thought. "Then I will put a stop to this experiment immediately."

"Why are you even trying to get them to like each other anyways?" Mr.Akage asked. "I know you want more peace in this world but sometimes, Blu, there are things in this world that you should keep apart from each other. I think Robin and AnneMarie are like that. Two forces that you should kept away from one another..."

"I know," I nodded. "It will be easier that way. Be with Robin without AnneMarie. Be with AnneMarie without Robin. That would be easy...if I don't have any intention of keeping them both in my life for a long time. But I would really like it if I will grow old with Robin and AnneMarie by my side. In any capacity they can. Whether as someone I would love and end up marrying m...or as my good friends. I would love them to stick around and share their lives with me."

The four of them stared at me, then Mr.Gilbert nodded. "I think you are a smart boy, Blu. And I think you are a better person than me. If I am in your age and faced with the same dilemma, I will simply give up. You are amazing."

I felt my face heating up. "No. I am not..."

"You are," Tito Dennis patted my hand. I flushed under that praise.

Mr.Akage sighed. "I noticed that you never choose the easy path, Blu. It worry me sometimes but listening to you now, I think you are thinking smart about this. I feel proud. I am proud...of you."

I scratched my head as I felt shy at his praise for me. "Thank you for having a high opinion on me, Sir."

"Not just high opinion. We respect you, Blu. We really do." Tita Patty came close to caress my head. "You will be fine. It will be fine. You will be okay."