BlueJay and Robin

I like chickens. Tatay and Nanay take cares of chickens in our chicken coop. I woke up early today to collect some eggs. They promised to let me collect the eggs if I will wake up early. But Tatay and Nanay are still asleep so I decided to check on the chickens. It's okay even if it's still dark. I'm a big boy now, not scared of the dark anymore.

Gonna check the chickens. I went out to our backyard to go to the chicken coop. I opened a little door where Tatay puts his hand to get the eggs. I want to take a peek inside to see the chickens. I didn't see chickens though. I see a person. A boy...like me...

"What are you doing there?" I asked. Feeling confuse. Can a boy sleep in a chicken coop?

"T-taskete..." the boy inside the chicken coop said.

"Huh?" What did he said?

"Taskete..." the boy said again then he started sobbing. "Taskete kudasai..."

"Who is Taskute?" I wondered loudly.

The boy's cry grew louder. "Y-you couldn't understand me..."

"I can. I just don't know who is Taskute..." I can read and write now. I'm already seven.

"H-help me..." the boy said.

Oh...is that what he is asking? "How can I help you?"

"Dark. It's so dark here..."

"It's because chickens doesn't like to sleep with lights on. Tatay said they won't lay eggs if there are lights on," I explain to the boy inside the chicken coop.

"Hungry..." the boy said.

Hungry? What does that word mean again? Hungry...hungry...my head is aching in understanding this boy.

"I will call Tatay!" I said. "He will help you..."

"No! Don't leave...it's so dark..."

I put my hand on the small opening to touch him. "Tatay will help you..." I said as I touched skin. I don't know what part of the boy I touched but I just touch him.

I stood up to go back to our house to call for Tatay.

.......................

(BLU)

"Do you think I should study Nihonggo?" I asked Robin while we are sitting together in the breakfast table and writing notes one Thursday evening. We just had an early dinner and we still have some hours to spare in writing before we need to go to bed. Mr.Gilbert is in the laundry room while Mr.Akage is still not home. I think he will come in late because has a meeting.

But that is not my concern. I want to finish writing these notes before I get back to class on Monday. Finally, my suspension will come to an end. My classmates were generous enough to share their notes to me and Robin got it from them to be delivered to me.

"That's random," Robin said. He twirl the pen on his hand. "Why would you suddenly want to learn Nihonggo?"

I shrugged. "I bet you, Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert all know how to speak the languange of Japan."

"Naturally. Uncle and I were born and raised in Japan. Gilbert came to work for us there for many years before we relocate here in the Philippines." Robin said.

"That's why. You all know Nihonggo. I think I should learn how to speak it too."

Robin thought about that for a moment. "Well, there is nothing wrong with being bilingual."