"Exactly, being here in person feels much better," Serena added, sporting a genuine smile, "How is everything?" She asked and Charlotte noted how upset Elena seemed, it looked like Bonnie was her best friend but they had only spoken once since the witch skipped town.

"Better. Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy," Bonnie answered Serena, keeping a hopeful smile on her face.

"Well, we can help with that," Caroline spoke up, meaning herself and Serena Bernard who looked more than just annoyed at what that meant, "Major wardrobe problem. You need to help us pick up the perfect dresses for the Founders' court."

"I already know who's helping with my hair," Serena smiled, linking her arm with Charlotte's as the vampire nodded, smiling, "But, you, my dear Bonnie pick out the best dresses...ever."

Elena asked in confusion, "Wait...The Founders' court? Did I miss something?"

"The Founders' court! You know, Miss Mystic Falls!" Caroline answered, bringing the girl's attention to it, "They announced it today and we three are on it," The blonde finished, pointing to herself, then Serena, and finally Elena.

"Oh my god! We signed up for that so long ago...," Elena remembered, shaking her head at herself, "I completely forgot."

"I wish I could forget, Nana Izzie reminds me every day," Serena shook her head at herself.

Caroline asked Elena, hopefully, "So, are you dropping out then?"

"I can't," Elena responded, looking at Bonnie and the human Bernard.

"No?"

"Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter, like me and Nana Izzie, except my Nana is forcing me, not that that's bad or anything," Serena huffed out, rolling her eyes.

✵ ✵ ✵

"You nervous?" Charlotte asked Serena as they were standing in front of the Founder's hall with a few other girls, including Caroline and Elena.

"I am shaking," Serena sighed, shaking her head as she faked a freezing move to prove her point, earning a chuckle from Charlotte.

The vampire sighed, placing both of her hands on Serena's shoulders, starting, "You are going to own this and be the best Miss Mystic Falls anyone had ever seen, and even if you don't, nothing will change."

"Thank you, like really, no one has ever said that to me...Mom is all about perfect grades, Nana is obsessed with our image...," Serena trailed off, shaking her head before she embraced Charlotte in a tight hug.

"Your welcome," Charlotte nodded, pulling back as soon as the smell of her niece's blood hit her nostrils, careful not to hurt her relative or even put her in a position where she might end up hurt.

Soon the girls took turns going inside and Charlotte stayed outside waiting for her friends as used her supernatural hearing, just to make sure everything went as planned. Carol Lockwood and two other women were interviewing the girls who were in the Miss Mystic Falls pageant.

"This year's queen will have the special honour of taking stage at the hundred and fiftieth Founders' Day Gala," The Mayor's wife started, pausing, "Before we crown our winner, we'd like to get to know a bit more about each of you."