Charlotte smiled at her words softly, it reminded her too much of Paulina and how she truly missed that mischievous havoc-wreaking girl but Elena was doing just fine helping her move on and stay on track.

She saw Stefan's car in the distance as Elena turned around to take a look as well, "I will see you in class," Charlotte excused herself, walking up to her first class. History.

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte arrived early, putting her bag on the table before she sat down and pulled out her notebook, by the time she wrote the date and title, the students and Alaric Saltzman had arrived. He waited until most of the students took their seats and started.

"Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders' Day," He paused, cracking a joke, "Apparently the community leaders feel it's more important than World War 2 but hey what do I know?"

A dark-skinned girl interrupted him, walking in late, "Sorry I'm late."

She looked undeniably familiar to Charlotte like she had seen her face somewhere or felt her aura on someone else as Alaric greeted, "Well, it looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie."

Something ticked in the brunette's head as she remembered Elena, mentioning her witch friend, who assisted in opening the tomb she was locked in but in doing so, the Bennett witch lost her grandmother. Charlotte hoped to apologize but as soon as Bonnie sat down and made eye contact with her and Stefan, her smile faded and she turned away.

Elena and Stefan exchanged a look as to why Bonnie would have done that while Charlotte just frowned, keeping a mental note to apologize to her after class and give her her dearest condolences, regarding her grandmother's death.

After class, Elena and Charlotte were running after Bonnie as she was reading a few papers while walking away, "Bonnie!" Elena called, as they finally caught up to her.

"Hey," She smiled, greeting Elena but frowned, seeing Charlotte.

"Hi...I am Charlotte," The brunette introduced herself awkwardly, feeling too tiny under Bonnie's judgmental gaze, "I wanted to apologize for what happened to your family because of me. If it were up to me, I promise I would have never required anything that could hurt you or your family."

"Yeah...," Bonnie trailed off, wanting to leave already.

"Hey, I tried to grab you after class but you already taken off. How are you? How's your family?" Elena questioned worriedly.

The witch nodded, answering, "We're dealing, it's been hard."

"Everyone here really missed you."

Bonnie sighed, nodded, "Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after Grams' funeral," She paused, revealing, "And, honestly after you told me the tomb spell failed I just didn't really want to come back."

Charlotte swung back and forth on her feet, feeling like she was invading the best friend's privacy but before she could back away and leave, a feminine arm was slid on her shoulder and she looked to see Serena and Caroline had joined the conversation.

"Bonnie! Bonnie! Thank god you're home!" The blonde Forbes embraced Bonnie first and Serena followed suit, "I know that we three conferenced called every day but I just missed you!"