Chapter 50

Chapter 50: Heartbeat

Adrien Rives's POV

"Just take a right turn do'n and we'll be there na," sabi ni Meghan habang tinuturo 'yong kalsada.

"I'm getting nervous," pag-amin ko at natawa siya. It's past 2:30 right now and I'm actually getting a little hungry.  "Aren't you hungry? Nakakain ka ba when you met with Declan?"

She looked at me and I felt guilty that I reminded her of what happened earlier. I knew there was something off with that guy. I shouldn't have let her go there by herself.

"Not really. May mga kainan naman sa pupuntahan natin," aniya at hindi ko mapigilang hulaan sa isip ko iyong pupuntahan namin.

Is it a resort? A zoo...?

O baka naman dadalhin niya ako sa gubat para mag-camping?! Fuck, I hate campings.

But knowing Meghan, siguro magandang bar lang or club iyong pupuntahan namin.

"This ride has been so boring. I can't even turn the radio on," biglang bulong ni Meghan at napatingin ako sa kaniya.

"You can turn it on, if you want," mahinang sabi ko at napatingin siya sa akin. She let out a small smile and looked out the window again. Hindi na siya nagsalita at natahimik nalang ako. She's being kinder to me the longer we're with each other, and I can't deny that the same thing's happening to me.

We're both growing to be gentler towards each other.

And I hope nothing will come and ruin everything again.

Meghan Ferren's POV

"We're here!" I squealed as I pulled Adrien towards the entrance. For some weird reason, I feel like a kid again as I look at the yellow gate in front of us.

"Y-you brought me into a fucking amusement park?" he whispered a bit sharply, making me chuckle.

"You don't like it?" tanong ko na naging dahilan para mapatingin siya sa akin. I noticed that he hid the shocked, displeased look on his face when I faced him and gave him my puppy eyes.

"No! Of course I like it. Sabi mo isa ito sa mga favorite place mo 'di ba?" malambing na tanong niya at hinawakan iyong mga kamay ko. Agad akong tumango at ngumiti siya sa akin na halatang pilit naman.

"You obviously don't like it," nagtatampong bulong ko at umiwas ng tingin sa kaniya. "We can go somewhere else if you want to. Hindi naman ako namimilit-"

"No, Meghan. To be honest, I hate amusement parks. It's so damn noisy, messy, and the rides scare the shit out of me," pagpapaliwanag niya. "But I wanna try to love the things that you love too."

"Why? Okay lang naman na magkaiba tayo. People say that opposites attract," I said, making him smile.

"I know, but I just want to have something in common with you. You see, lahat ng gusto ko, ayaw mo. Lahat naman ng ayaw ko, gusto mo. I want to enjoy something with you." And just like that, I wrapped my hands around him, pressing my lips against his.

I felt his warm hands finding its way on my neck, and I couldn't help but smile. He tasted just as good as the first time I've kissed him, and it's weird because I should be getting used to being around him and kissing him whenever I feel like it, but I don't think I'll ever get used to this.

"Tara?" I whispered, making him grin and stare into my eyes.

"I like how you say 'tara'," aniya at hinawakan iyong pisngi ko. "It's just that... I feel like we're in something together, you know? You would never say 'tara' kung mag-isa ka lang, right?"