Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Party

Adrien's POV

6:00 A.M.

Nagising ako sa tunog ng alarm ko as it deafeningly rang beside my bed. Dahan-dahan akong bumangon pagkatapos ito patayin, still feeling a bit weak and heavy-eyed. I brushed my hair back, put on my white slippers, and walked straight into the bathroom. I took my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth as I stare at myself in the squeaky clean mirror.

I didn't sleep well last night. I was wondering kung saan na naman kaya pumunta si Ashton.

After brushing my teeth, I started to remove my clothes, feeling the coldness of the early morning as stepped into the shower. Ramdam ko 'yong mainit na tubig na umagos sa balat ko, it felt great, but I still can't stop thinking about my brother.

He never says anything pag nawawala siya nang biglaan. He just comes back the next day like he really had a night out with his friends, but I know he won't spend a bad night like that.

I stepped out of the shower, feeling more awake now than I was earlier, grabbing a clean towel nang biglang tumunog yung phone ko. It's Katniss—Katniss Vasquez. We have a lot of classes together and I think she likes me. This week ko lang napansin because she constantly tries to meet my eyes. I also notice her body language and it screams out that she indeed has a crush on me.

[Adrien! Pwede ba ko sa group niyo for our feasibility study to be passed next week? Absent kasi ako kahapon. Pretty please?]

Hindi sa nag-aassume ako—but actually, oo nga, nag-aassume ako. People are allowed to assume things. They actually do it all the time, because we respond to the things we see and feel and in result, we make up conclusions.

[Sure.]

I didn't bother checking my phone after that. I got out of the bathroom at nagbihis na.

Katniss is very attractive. She's also an optimist and an excellent student. She's the type of girl that can make the people around her like her. Hindi ko alam kung bakit, but I don't think I can bring myself to like her.

Meghan's POV

6:00 AM

Now this is the part I hate the most. Putangina talaga.

Kinuha ko 'yong phone ko sa bulsa, at tinawagan isa-isa ang mga nasa contacts ko. I have managed to get a lot of friends, para lang may matulugan. At para hindi nila ako itaboy, may schedule sila according to the letters of their first name. And for today—letter N ako.

I scrolled down my contacts na nagsisimula sa N at karamihan sa kanila ay mga lalaki, and they're less than 15. Bihira ako makitulog sa mga lalaki. I have to make sure na wala silang gagawin sakin, and it's almost impossible to find a man like that.

I tapped the very first name—Nina. It gave a few rings dahil walang sumasagot. The bad thing about this time ay halos lahat tulog pa.

I went on to the next girl. Wala ako sa mood kumausap ng lalaki ngayon because of last night. Nag-ring lang ulit nang nag-ring 'yong phone ko and after a few seconds, ni-reject yung tawag ko. Bitch.

After two more tries, I moved on to the next and last contact for the letter N, Natasha. Matagal na nag-ring 'yong phone niya, but luckily, she answered.

"Um, hey, Nat?" I said, making sure I sound weak and 'kaawa-awa'.

"Meghan? How's life?" she greeted. Mukhang ginising ko ata siya.