Chapter 3.

Stacey's POV.

I quickly did everything Simon told me to do. Today, Simon said he is going to be promoting some of the staff members. I know it's been my dream to be promoted but I hope I don't get a promotion. I know if I get promoted, everyone will think it's because I am his girlfriend.

"Stacey, you good?" Simon asked and I nod my head. "You don't look good."

"I am really good thank you." I smiled at him and he took a seat. 

"Well, it's twelve." He said and I quickly checked the time. "Angel."

"I can't believe I forgot to pick her up." I grabbed my bag and ran out of the office. I need to get to Angel before she decides to walk home. That girl is stubborn and won't understand that she is a child. She can't walk alone, she can't befriend strangers but she never listens to me. I wish I could lock her in the house so I wouldn't be so worried about her. 

Why can't she just understand that she isn't like all the other kids? 

"Angel." I shouted the second I saw her with a woman. I quickly walked to them and grabbed Angel.  "Leave my daughter." shouted at the women.

"I am sorry, I was just talking to her. Ask her if you don't believe me." The woman quickly replied and I turned to my daughter.

"I know there are good people out their honey but everyone you will meet is going to be good." I cupped Angel's face. "Please, don't talk to stranger."

"Mommy, she is nice. I know her." Angel said and I shook my head, confused.

"No honey. You don't know her, she is not our friend." I tried to make her understand.

"Ma'am, I am actually her teacher's friend and your daughter already met my fiancee." The woman smiled at me. "I am sorry about befriending your daughter but she was the only child here and her teacher had an emergency so I offered to look after her."

"Yes, mommy." Angel said. "Shade is very nice."

"I am sorry." I stretched my hand to her. "Nice to meet you Shade."

"Shadow is my name and dusk is my nickname but my fiancee gave me the name Shade." She smiled at me.

"I am An--." What the hell is wrong with me? My daughter's name is Angel and it's time I stop addressing myself as Angel. "My name is S---."

"Mommy, I am hungry." Angel interrupted me and I picked her up. 

"There is a restaurant around the corner right?" I asked Angel and she nods her head. "I will take you there and you can tell me how school was."

"Can Shade come with us. Please, mommy, she is my first friend." Angel begged me and Shadow smiled at me. 

"Can you join us if---."

"Yes." She interrupted me, excited and I smiled. "Can you guys walk so long. I need to call my fiancee and tell him to meet me at the restaurant." She said and I took Angel with me.

"Mommy, she is very nice." Angel started talking about Shadow. I wonder when my daughter will learn to stay away from people she doesn't know. I know I raised her to be a good child but she is too good. 

We entered the restaurant and I helped Angel with her chair. 

"What would you like to eat?" I asked, looking at the menu. "Angel, they have pies do you want it?"

"I want a burger and chips, no veges." She pouted. 

"Fine, no pies and vegetables for my angel." I ran my hand through her hair. I quickly called the waitress and she took our order. I even ordered for Shadow because Angel said she knows her well and she knows what Shadow would want to eat.