Chapter 33.

Liam's POV.

I got in my car and started driving. I can't believe Shadow was reading my mother's diary book. How could she betray me? 

I stopped the car in the middle of nowhere. How could Shadow just read my book? I hate her more than I hated that stupid Angel. 

I opened the book and looked at my mom's handwriting. This is the only thing I have left of you, mother and they want to take you away from me. I will kill whoever touches my book again! I can't let anyone know anything about me.

I read the title, my favorite moment with my mother, I will never forget that day!

"Liam's dream." I smiled, tears visible in my eyes. Was this really my dream? Why did I become the opposite then?

'It's funny how my smart little boy wants to be a police officer, my kid is so innocent he doesn't know there are hardly any real police officers in this world. I wish he knew that police are corrupt and he will end up in the wrong crowd. But I am happy we argue about his dream all the time, hopefully, as he grows older he will change his mind and become a doctor or a lawyer, anything is fine with me as long as he doesn't mix with these police officers because I know how corrupt this system is.'

Tears dropped from my eyes. If only she knew her son didn't end up as a corrupt police officer but he became a criminal everyone knows. I know I said I would bring justice to the world but mom they took you, dad, and Connon without giving me a warning. No one knew me as much as you and dad but you both were killed in front of me and I was the reason why Conon died. He had dreams, he had a girlfriend he loved, he just wanted to make you and dad proud but I called him to help me that night and he died because of me. He was the perfect person to carry our family name but he is no more. Your useless son is the one that survived, I am sorry for being a disappointment, mom. My family was the only reason I wanted to change the world and since you are all gone, I do everything for power because I can't experience the same pain again. My soul died that night I saw you all get murdered right in front of me. 

I closed the book. 

I don't want that Liam back, he will just get hurt again. There is no use having feelings in this world. I made a promise to myself, and I won't break that promise. 

I ended up going to Angel's house. I will drop that girl's things and tell Angel to keep her daughter safe because I am tired of getting them out of trouble every day. 

"Liam?" Angel said and handed her the things.

"I am tired of helping you and your daughter so make sure she doesn't get kidnapped or hurt." 

"Thank you." She said holding my hand. 

"What do you want now?" 

"You admit you did safe Angel and you didn't kidnap her?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. I don't know why she wants me to answer her question when she already knows the truth. "Liam, I forgive you for hurting me."

"What?" When did Shadow get the chance to talk to her? That girl is definitely not as innocent as she looks. I need to do another checkup on her. "Why would you forgive me for killing you--."

"I know you would never kill me." She quickly said. "I know you just wanted your phone and you wanted to scare me." She smiled. "So friends." Shadow didn't talk to her? I am glad!

"Why? why are you after me?"

"Well, I've been through a lot the last couple of months but you helped me get through them so I just thought we could be friends." 

"No!" I replied. "You have a daughter, I can't do it. Sorry."

"What?" She giggled. "Liam, Angel is your fucking daughter. Stop acting as if I am asking you to be my husband."