Chapter 40.

Liam's POV.

I have been going to Stacey's house for a couple of nights now. I set up all the cameras I needed to set up in that house. I am glad she didn't suspect that. She always just assumes I want to take her daughter. And she also thinks I love her. I feel so sorry for her!

I arrived at Calum's place. He always shows up at my house whenever I call him but today because of his wife, he is babysitting. 

"Hello, Liam." He greeted me and I entered his house.

"Where did she go?" I asked, referring 'she' to his wife.

"I don't know." He said. "But she told me it's something we men wouldn't understand."

"Uncle Liam." Calum's son ran to me. 

"Hey." How many times must I tell Calum to tell his children I am not their uncle? "Boy, why don't you go play with your sister."

"First give me money." He said so I gave him all the cash I had. "Best uncle in the world." He went back to his room.

"Seriously, how did you raise your children?" I asked.

"Well! I think I did a great job." He smiled.

"Calum, they literally always ask for money. Even Stacey's daughter is more well-mannered." 

"Kids are kids, you wouldn't understand." He replied. "So tell me what is the emergency?"

"There is no emergency." I said. 

"Then why were you calling me and asking me to come to your house?" He asked.

"Well, I offered Stacey a cup of tea a few days ago an--."

"Wait." He laughed. "You offered someone a cup of tea and that someone was Stacey, your ex who also happens to be the mother of your child." 

"Do you have to say all that?" 

"Yes! I mean, I have to make sure you talk about the Stacey I know, so tell me why did you offer her tea."

"I had abortion pills so I wanted to---."

"Woah! Why did you have the pills and what does that have to do with Stacey?" 

"Well, I wanted to put it in her tea but then I changed my mind." I said. "I don't know why I even thought about it but good thing I didn't do it."

"I mean it's a good thing you didn't do it but you're so fucking lucky Stacey didn't find out. She already hates you so don't let her hate you more than she already does." 

"I don't care if she hates me or not." I told him. "I just didn't want to kill another child of hers when she loves children so much." 

"Even if she didn't like kids, you still don't have the right to make that decision for her. It's her body, let her do whatever she wants."

"You don't need to tell me what I already know." I said, taking the pills out. "I don't need it so you can have it." 

"Why would I want them?"

"Just keep them in case you need them in the future." I left the pills on the table.

"Fine. I will throw them away." Calum replied.

"Teach your kids manners." I said, before leaving his house. 

I went home. Peter has gone into hiding a few days ago and no one heard from him. Shadow said he is probably talking to his 'big bosses' but I don't believe her at all. She also said she needs a few more days to tell Simon the truth so she can break his bond with Peter but she is not even making an effort. I am starting to lose it!