ERASED : Prologue

"Congratulations, Jimin. You deserved it"

The Chairman smiled warmly at him as he hands Jimin a black envelope, sealed with wax crest. The envelope had Jimin's initials craved in gold.

Jimin forced a vacant smile, stretching his hand for a  lose handshake. The Chairman along with his army of securities and assistants. The door slammed shut leaving Jimin alone in his vast office, fully furnished and decorated luxuriously.

The right side of the office was glass and glass only. The view in front of him was breathtaking, city lights shone through the quiet night.

He walked to his desk as his eyes glanced across the shelf behind it. Certificates, trophies, recognition awards and now he is the CEO of Z Enterprise in Seoul, it was everything everyone ever wanted. All his achievements were craved in Busan, where he went or...escaped to after the tragedy.

His eyes stung again every time he recall those ugly scenes. Dropping down onto his chair, ruffling his dried blonde hair as if he was trying to brush out the nightmares.

Yes, he escaped to Busan 7 years ago where he tore himself away from the cruel reality. He got accepted into the finest University there, achieving countless awards and recognitions. Becoming the youngest and the most powerful business man known to Busan, Jimin had lived his life to the fullest...trying to fill the void.

But he couldn't, he just couldn't, he never can. 7 years ago, he caused the death of 4 people whom he cherished the most. Especially the one who died by the bullet he shot. Bleeding in his arms, apologizing for not being enough for him, snuggling closer to him just to feel his love again.

No matter how many achievements he got, the abyss in his shattered heart will never be filled up. Not when all his love ones are lying dead 6 feet under.

7 years ago, he ran away like a coward he is. He couldn't bare waking up just to find out he was the only one survived in the cave. The vivid memory flashed through his mind, memory of looking beside him as he laid on a hospital bed while Riley's heartbeat slowed down.

He remembered how doctors and nurses rushed into their shared hospital room and started counting down with a defibrillator in the doctor's hand.

He's losing her and he won't stay and watch when he's the reason for the bullet in her chest. Gathering all his strength, he rolled off the bed and dragged himself to the door not glancing back before he swiftly escaped the busy hospital.

"I can't. I can't. I can't"

He let a loud breath and snapped his eyes wide opened. A hand on his messed up heart, tears rolling down, panting in cold sweat. Glancing around he realized he fell asleep in his office and had the same nightmare again.

He touched his cold cheeks and flinched at his face being drenched in tears. 11.20pm. His expensive Swarovski watch reads. Breathing out an exasperated sigh, he packed his things into his leather bag before heading out to his white Bentley.

Time to head home, to his luxurious home.

He gazed around the house, remembering how he specifically asked for white modern designs because Riley white as well as his white Bentley.

He let out a sad chuckled recalling how he swore to suffer himself by forgetting his love. But how could he do that when he lives in her favorite colour? Maybe this is how he suffer because the hospital room and the bed she laid on is white as well. The bed he put her on, including the bullet in her chest.

He once again dragged his feet to the spongy couch and threw himself onto it. Not caring about his dirty clothes and his socks. He just wanted to lay there and if possible to lay lifelessly there.

His hand sneaked into his blazer's pocket and pulled out a crumpled paper that had tears and blood stain on it. Remembering how he cried while slicing his arms letting the droplet of blood mix with his tears before dripping onto the paper.

How to be a decent human being (for Riley)
1) ask questions
2) walk beside her instead of in front
3) ask for permission and not demand
4) look at her when talking
5) talk in a melodic tone instead of being dead
6) smile

His thumb traced the fading words as his tears flow out again.

"Baby....I did all this....am I a decent human being?...for you?...."

He asked innocently, trying to catch his breath as it hitched every time he inhale. He slowly inched the paper closer and kissed it softly before crumpling it against his aching chest and hugged it tightly, careful not to tear it.

"Riley....oh my dear Riley...."

Sobbing like a child with his hand stroking his other hand which was holding the paper as if he was stroking her hair. His chest heaved like crazy before he dozed off.

It was just another day in Park Jimin's miserable life.

—————————

This is the prologue of ERASED, a sequel to RUMPUS. Check it out to see the rest of the journey!❤️

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗣𝗨𝗦//𝗣𝗝𝗠 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙 𝗙𝗙✔️ 🎉