Chapter 24//🦌

"Get up, son! Launch at him!"

The kind and gentle old man turned out to be quite the grumpy couch that every loves and hates. He gave Jimin a task to fight a rouge that had known to be swift and stealthy. All Jimin had to do was keep up and beat up, sounds easy right? Absolutely not.

Riot wanted Jimin to fight in his wolf form which he hadn't get used to considering he only hunt in wolf form and fight in human form. The rouge was much smaller than him but he seemed to be boneless and slithered around like snakes and attacks his enemy's legs only which was indeed a good strategy.

Grandpa! He kept nibbling on my goddamn legs!

Jimin barked loudly and echoed the cave.

"Language young man! And he nibbles because he doesn't want to break them!"

Riley just sat there dumbfounded by the seemingly weird scene. An old man yelling at an agitated barking wolf who was fighting with a skinny wolf who was probably more skilled than the big one.

The steam coming from the bowls of ramen in front of her caused her vision to be misty yet exciting as she watched the wolf fight for the old man's approval. It's been 30 minutes since her trip back to the apartment to cook some ramen for her boy with the company of Scarlet and the once hot noodles had turned soggy and cold but she wasn't going to wait for his training to finish so she ate first. There's no love when it comes to food:)

She spectated the training and couldn't help but crave the ability to hear werewolves' mind links. She often see Jimin stare into nothingness but knew that he was either speaking to his wolf or to Scarlet.

"Straighten your tail and balance yourself so you can move around easily without stumbling!"

"Pick up the pace, son!"

"Focus on his legs-"

"Jimin! Behind you!"

Riley cut Riot in his couching to prompt Jimin but the big wolf got tackled and the swift small wolf won.
Riot sighed and approached his grandson before smacking his head with the walking stick making the seemingly fearless wolf to whimper.

"You have a lot to learn, son"

Jimin transformed back still panting and whined at his grandpa's lecture.

"Ramen~"

He dragged himself towards Riley, mostly towards his food, but was stop once again with a smack to the head by the walking stick.

"Grandpa! It hurts!"

"Riley darling you can have the ramen. Your boy here will hunt as a punishment for slow progress"

Riley stepped down the rock she was sitting and squatted down beside a whining Jimin while patting his back telling him that once this 'war' is over, she's gonna cook tons of ramen for him.

"Grandpa? May I come with you guys?"

Riley tugged on Riot's sleeves and gave him puppy eyes which worked as usual.

"Sure darling but you have to stay close to me as I'm bringing Jimin to a different and much more dangerous place to hunt. I'm going to transform and give you a ride, okay?"

Riot gently patted Riley's head and cooed seeing how excited she was while Jimin was sulking at his grandpa treating her like his own child while he gets smacked like 2000 times a day.

"She's not even your grandchild!"

"But she's my granddaughter-in-law"

Jimin didn't know if he was suppose to be happy that Riley is his forever or sulk as his grandfather teased him again.