Chapter 21//💧

*listen to the song while reading this chapter*

"Sir! Ma'am! Mr Zackus is awake!"

The couple rushed to Riley's apartment at the news eager to get information on the brutal attack. When they entered the living, Zackus was breathing slowly, his body was so fatigue and fragile that his muscles gave up on supporting him leaving the man slumping and limbs hanging loosely.

"Zackus...."

Jimin's whisper was filled with guilt and grief seeing his guardian looking deader than dead. He strolled towards the agonizing man and sat beside him.

"Jimin....Glad to see you're fine, bubby"

Zackus weakly patted the boy's back with his eyes struggling to stay open. He let out a heavy sigh and leaned back.

"I knew it Jimin...."

"Knew what?"

"I knew you aren't a rouge..."

His body stiffened at the man's words. It was short and simple but it brought poor Jimin more exasperation and puzzlement.

"I went to find him....your father....I heard about the attacks all around the borders of Korea and I knew he was searching for you"

The room fell into a abyss of silence as the man spoke words like rhymes that none of them understood.

"I tried to stop him but it's no use. The pack was far stronger than anything I've encountered. They chased me from Japan to the borders of Korea where I limped myself to the scavenger forest and found you."

Jimin shivered at the thought of what if he wasn't there....where will Zackus be now...

"He's coming for you, Jimin"

"But why...why now?"

Jimin leaned to the weak man and patted his back when he coughed and his breathing slowed down again.

"Because your birthday is just few weeks away"

"I don't understand....what's with my birthday"

"Jimin, you know that big wolf up in the mountains who-"

"Who was dethroned by his son, ya ya Zackus but that's not important now"

"No Jimin listen...Riot is your grandfather. Your grandfather was dethroned by your father."

What....no....no
Jimin knew there's something wrong about his father but not to the point where he would dethrone his own father and kill his mother. That explains why Jimin had never seen his grandparents before.

"You're not a rouge, Jimin and you never was. He is searching for you now because in few weeks you're gonna be a full grown werewolf-"

"And take over the alpha position..."

Jimin whispered to finish Zackus' sentence. It was so clear now why his father want to find him and possibly kill him. He killed his own mother and dethrone his father, why wouldn't he kill his own son to remain alpha as well? But there's still a question swallowing Jimin's curiosity.

"Zackus...I killed my mother when birth and got chased out from the pack. How am I not a rouge and heir to his throne?"

"Jimin....after all I said about your father, do you really think you're a rouge?"

Jimin snapped. His intelligence didn't fail him one bit. His father killed his own mate so he could chased Jimin away....

"He killed my mother..."