Thinking Of You

Harper woke up and rubbed her eyes. She looked over and saw a relaxing sight. Chapa. Chapa slept snuggled up to Harpers side. Harper kissed Chapas forehead and shook her side.
"Harper... no. Sleep."
Chapa muttered.
"Come on sleepy head. Time to get ready for school."
Chapa cried as she sat up. Harper shook her head in disapproval, and stared Chapa in the eyes.
"Lula Elena Chapa Da Silva. Get up. I'm not dealing with this attitude today."
Chapa stuck out her tongue and Harper had no other choice. Harper slapped Chapas arm which made her whine at the sudden pain, and look at Harper with puppy eyes.
"Chapa. You know I love you. I really really do. But I'm in a very bad mood today so can you please just cooperate with me?"
Chapa nodded, scared of what Harper would do next. Harper climbed off the bunk bed, with Chapa following her. Harper rummaged through her closet. She pulled out a grey hoodie that had 'Dystopian School for Criminals and Fighters' written in large letters. Harper grabbed a pair of jeans, and went to her bathroom to change. Chapa changed into a black shirt, and blue and black plaid pants. Harper came out with her hair in a ponytail. Chapa walked over and tried to give Harper a kiss on the cheek, but Harper pushed her away.
"Not right now sweetie. I'm not feeling well."
Harper walked out with her phone in hand, leaving Chapa to ponder on why Harper was not feeling good.
Chapa walked into the kitchen, to find it empty. Instead, Chapa went down to the classroom and found Harper in her chair scrolling through EnvyGram. Harper huffed at a post and scrolled past said post.
"Why don't you go curl up in a ball back in Dystopia you jerk off. "
Harper mumbled. Ray walked in and saw the two girls sitting quietly.
"Still giving you a hard time, huh?"
Ray asked, looking at Harpers screen.
"It's all because I'm from Dystopia. Next thing you know, they'll be making fun of me because I'm dyslexic. I hate people. I should just let them all rot."
Ray shook his head and walked off.
———————
They all carefully watched as Harper had tears rolling down her cheeks. She tossed in her chair, and made quiet sounds. 
"She's having a nightmare again."
Ray said as he sat by his daughters side.
"Let's take a look shall we?"
Schwoz said, connecting the wires to Harper.
.+**+.
"We're gonna take this nice and slow for you Harper."
The man said in a snarky voice.
"Stop! Please don't hurt my brothers. Kill me instead."
Harper cried out, tripping over her words. The whip lashed at her body, leaving a long, red mark on her leg.
"Say goodbye to brother number one."
The man said as he held the gun up to Baileys head.
"STOP! Please. Please don't do this to him. Just kill me instead. Nobody cares about me. They care about them!"
Harper cried out, but it was too late. The masked man pulled the trigger. Harper choked on her tears. He held up a gun to Jordons head.
"Brother number two."
Harper cried even harder.
"Don't do this to him. I'm begging you. They're all I have left. I can't have you kill Jordon. Shoot me instead"
It was too late again. He pulled the trigger, killing Jordon, making Harpers crying state, turn into hyperventilating. But Harper only got whipped twice the times harder then last time.
"And say goodbye to brother number three."
Harper screamed as she kicked.
"Sawyer! You gotta stop this. You're smart! Think! Think Sawyer!"
Sawyer looked up at his little sister.
"Remember me Harper. Remember me."
With that, the masked man shot Sawyer.
"Now onto the next victim. What's her name? Chapa?"
He said laughing.
"Lay a finger on her and your as dead as disco."
The man signaled to the guys who held Chapa to a wall. Chapa was in pain. She was bleeding from her wrists. She had blood all over her.
"Your so dead!"
Harper screamed.
"No. She is."
The man shot Chapa in the heart. Causing Harper to let out an ear piercing scream. Pain flowed through Harper. The four limp body's lay cold. Harpers screams only got louder, knocking down walls around her.
.+**+.
Harper woke up in a cold sweat. Ray held her in a comfortable embrace as she asked for Chapa.
"Chapas upstairs, sweetie."
"Is she alive? Is she safe? Did the Bad Men get her yet."
That was all Ray needed to hear.
"Harper? Did you have another Nightmare again?"
Harper looked down shamefully and nodded. Ray rubbed her back and calmed his daughter down, wiping away the tears.
"It's okay sweetie. You've been though so much."
Harper let out a groan as she ran her hands over her face.
"I just can't believe that it happened in front of them."
Ray held his daughter close. Chapa came downstairs in her Volt uniform. Chapa scooped Harper into her arms and hugged her tightly.
"Harper! Thank goodness you're okay."
Chapa let a small tear escape as she held Harper.
"It's okay Chapa. I'm okay."
Chapa cried into Harpers chest as Harper held her tightly.
"I'm not letting you go. I promise my little monster."
Chapa cried hard. She gripped her nails into Harpers arms. Harper rocked Chapa back in forth, humming soft lyrics into her ear. Harper took in a deep breath, remembering a song her mother wrote when she was in Afghanistan.
Mountain high,
River low,
Show me how the wind blows.
Trees so high,
Reach the sky.
Reach the heavens up high.
Mountain high,
River low,
Show me how the wind blows.
Valleys deep,
Cannons low,
Lower then you'll ever know.
Mountain high,
River low,
Show me how the wind blows.
Cannons blow,
Bombs explode,
Let me show you the war zone.
Mountain high,
River low,
Show me how the wind blows.
Harper held a sleeping Volt in her lap. Everyone stood behind Harper as she held Chapa quietly. Harper kissed Chapas forehead as she held the sleeping girl.
"Look at my little monster. So cute."
Mika rested her hand on Harpers shoulder and laughed.
"You're like a mother to her."