The Date: Round Two

Harper went through her closet in a mad rush. She found a dark red dress she thought would pair well with a white leather jacket.
"'Bout this one Mika?"
She said in a rush.
"Yes! Chapas gonna love it on you!"
Harper groaned.
"For the last time! It's not Chapa!"
Mika smirked.
"Then why did Miles go to Chapas house to help her pick an outfit out for her date?"
Harper scoffed.
"It's not Chapa. I'm go- you can't tell anyone!"
Harper said rushed.
"Fine!"
Harper sighed.
"It's Bose. I'm going on a date with Bose."
Mika started laughing uncontrollably.
"Yeah right."
Harper sighed as she slammed her bathroom door shut. But she could still hear Mika on the other side.
"You and me both know that you have standards."
"Yeah well Bose fits those standards."
Harper was just miserably lying. She was going on a date with Chapa. She just didn't wanna hear anymore teasing. Harper walked out the door with her crutches and went to her shoes.
"So what are your standards? Cute and clueless?!"
"Yes!"
Harper groaned. Mika started laughing.
"Man! Are you a bad liar or what."
Harper grabbed her hair brush and ran it through her curly hair.
"So what if I am going on a date with Chapa?!"
She said as she put her brush down and grabbed her curling iron.
"That means you have a good taste."
Harper smiled as she grabbed her flat iron.
"Wait! Why are straining the curls?"
Harper pulled the iron off and turned around.
"It makes the curls wavy. Plus then I can run some chalk through my hair."
Mika nodded. Suddenly the emergency alarm went off. Mika and Harper looked at each other and Harper teleported them to the Mans Nest. Ray came in.
"You're fancy for a crime fighter!"
Harper moaned.
"I'm supposed to be going on a date with Chapa!"
Harper yelled. Mika laughed as she blew a bubble. Then, Chapas chair arrived. She was also in a dress. Hers was a light blue. Chapa was blood red.
"Villains couldn't wait! The one day I put a dress on they have to do SOMETHING!"
Chapa yelled. Both girls caught a glimpse of each other and smiled.
And Chapa looks pretty hot today too.
Harper thought. Harper walked over and kissed Chapa on the cheek.
"Hey Chapa."
"Hey Harp."
Miles and Bose arrived in a rush.
"We're here."
Miles said. Bose turned around.
"Why is Harper and Chapa wearing a dress?"
"BECAUSE I WANNA!"
They both screamed. Chapa blew a bubble and Harper watched.
"Have I ever told you how hot you look in red?"
Harper whispered in Chapas ear, sending chills down her spine. They all got in their uniforms and went over to see the crime. It was Jeff and Goomer.
"Dad! Can I come?! They are so stupid that they can't hurt me!"
Ray teared up a bit. But he had to put his foot down.
"Harper your injured. I can't let you fight."
Harper knew what to do. She had to play that card.
"But Daddy. I'll fight from afar. Please."
Harper said as she batted her eyes. Ray lost it. It was a cuteness overload.
"Ugh. Alright I guess."
Harper smiled as she blew a bubble.
"Way to put your foot down."
Schwoz told Ray. Ray shook his head. The group teleported to Goomer and Jeff's location.  Harper giggled quietly as she looked at Chapa, who had bolts flying through her hands.
"They're going to fry tonight."
Harper put her hand on Chapas shoulder. Chapa calmed down and looked to Harper.
"Relax. It'll be fine."
Harper whispered. Chapa flashed a smirk.
"What did they steal?"
Mika asked. Harper looked around. She bit her lip to keep her from laughing.
"Looks like Jeff was at Victoria Secret."
Chapa bit her lip and chuckled. Then, something fell on top of Chapas head. Harper fell to her side trying not to laugh. Harper snapped a picture, then letting Chapa pick the thin, red, lacy thong off her head. Chapas eye caught a glimpse of it. She thought hard for a second, and when nobody was looking, she slid it in her back pocket. Harper wanted to beat them up for ruining their date.
Ray jumped out and started instructing Jeff and Goomer. Then the rest of Danger Force stood up.
"What happened to Girl Danger?"
Jeff asked. Harpers head hung low.
"She got hurt."
Chapa said.
"I don't have much time left. I might... die soon."
Harper said. Everyone's heads swung around. Harper got into their minds.
Just go along with it.
They all gave a small nod. Harper started to step forward.
"They say I only have a month or two left."
Goomer tilted his head.
"What happened?"
"Cancer. I had a lot of surgeries but none could prevent this!"
Harper said as she flung handcuffs onto their wrists. She locked them tight. She  patted their backs and signaled the police that were running over.
"Take 'em away boys!"
They nodded as they grabbed Jeff and Goomer and walked them away.
"We didn't get to fry them!"
Chapa said with a loud groan. 
"No but I saved time for a girl named Harper and a girl named Chapa, to go on a little date."
Harper said in Chapas ear.
"See this is why this Chapa kid loves this Harper girl so much."
They all teleported back to the Mans Nest, and changed back to their normal clothes. Chapa was upset.
"Well my date plan was a bust."
She said as she stared at the floor. Harper giggled.
"Mine wasn't. Come on."
Harper grabbed Chapas hand and ran over to the tube.
"Up the tube!"
Harper yelled. They found themselves at the top of the mountain the Mans Nest was built on. The area had a small blanket, and a few lanterns.
"How did you-"
Chapa trailed off.
"When you live a life like ours, you gotta have a backup plan."
Chapa clutched on to Harpers arm. Harper and Chapa sat down on the blanket and stared at the town at their feet. Harper hummed a soft tune making Chapas head dart towards Harper.
"Sing me a song Harp?"
Harper laughed.
"Just a verse."
Chapa nodded eagerly as she crawled close against Harpers chest.
The old wind blows, the trees grow old,
Tell me how, the story goes,
Past the rivers, through the woods,
Far beyond, where we walk,
Through the Nile, over hills,
Through deep valleys, unknown,
Tell me what this means to you,
All I know, is I love you.
Chapa quietly slept on Harpers chest. Harper laid down and brought Chapa with her. She grabbed a pillow she brought specifically for this situation, and laid it under her head. Harper ran her fingers through Chapas hair. She heard Chapas soft breathing. A gust of wind blew, and sent chills threw Harpers body. She grabbed a blanket set off to the side, and laid it over the two bodies. Chapa snuggled up next to Harper and let out a long breath that she had been holding back for awhile. Harper curled herself around Chapas sleeping figure, using her body heat to keep her warm. Harper had enough and teleported the two back to Harpers room. Chapa still slept quietly. Harper moved Chapa with her mind, to the top bunk. Harper tried to get up but was no use. Ray walked past and saw Harper struggle. He picked her up and placed her on top.
Thanks Dad. Can Chapa sleep over?
Ray gave a nod before walking out and closing the door. Chapa tossed and turned looking for Harper. Harper crawled near, and Chapa found her. She laid her head on Harpers chest, and her body was curled up against Harper. Harper smiles as she stares at Chapas sleeping figure.
"I love you Chapa."
Harper kisses the top of Chapas head slowly falls asleep.