42. Drive- Ins & Blushes

Chapter Forty Two:
Drive- Ins And Blushes.

Smooth sailing.

That's what it's been like since the Amsterdam trip. It's been 2 weeks since we'd gotten back from the trip. My friends and I hung out basically everyday and I would spend the remainings of my time with my girlfriend. Sometimes Dinah would hang out with us as well. We would tease Camila together, much to her dismay.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I had fallen for Camila.

Like.. deeply.

I'd find myself thinking of her whenever my mind would wonder off. I'd smile and be reminded of her whenever the slightest thing would happen. Meanwhile, trying my hardest to suppress my smile if this happened in public.

I was on cloud nine.

"Are you still watching? You're missing the best parts!" The brunette occupying my mind spoke, bringing my mind back to reality.

I looked over at her as she took a few gulps from her pink Slurpee, a small frown forming on her face because of the momentary brain freeze. Without looking at the bucket I was holding, she forced a hand full of popcorn into her mouth. Her filled-with-food-hamster-like cheeks moving up and down, as she quickly chewed the movie snack.When she had swallowed the popcorn, her mouth fell open slightly from something that happened on the screen not too far away from where we were parked at the drive- in.

She took another sip of her Slurpee and got another little and quick brain freeze and she frowned again, before the music started playing and she was happily humming along. My chuckle brought her attention to me.

"What?" She asked me confused, while Danny Zuko and Sandy started singing to their friends about their summer love on the screen.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how cute you are and how lucky I am." I told her honestly, always loving her reaction whenever I confess any sort of attraction towards her.

Even though it was dark outside and the only light was coming from the movie on the big screen in front of us, I could tell she was blushing. She gave me a soft and playful shove, while I watched her with a grin.

"Shut up, you always do that." She said with a pout, trying to regain her somewhat embarrassed composure.

"What? Be honest? I'm sorry that I answered your question truthfully, it won't happen again if that's not what you want." I spoke sarcastically, holding up my hands in defense.

"You're the worst!" She said shoving me again, while I laughed at her reaction.

She glared at me and twisted her mouth not to laugh along with me, while I just grinned at her. Before I could react, she had grabbed me by the hem of my shirt and crushed her lips on to mine. Her soft lips that tasted like her pink Slurpee moving against mine eagerly. Before I could kiss her back, she pulled away and gave me a playful look. I stared at her dumbfounded.

"Look who's blushing now.." She spoke with a smirk on her face, while I tried to hide my own blush by looking away from her as she laughed at me.

I felt her hand on my cheek and was met with a soft smile, before she carefully sealed her lips with mine. A gentle and delicate kiss.

"Thank you, by the way.." She told me when we separated referring to my words that made her blush, huge grins on both our faces.

I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers, bringing our intertwined hands closer to me to plant a kiss on her hand. I smiled at her and got an even sweeter one back, our hands stayed intertwined.

We were lucky to get away from Copperfield when we could. Since we couldn't be seen together outside of school in our own town, we usually would travel to the next town, or a couple of towns over. No one would know us and since we looked like we could be around the same age, no one would look at us in a weird way.

I would take every opportunity to hold her hand or steal a quick kiss when no one was looking and we were in public. I'm not entirely stupid, alright? Although our chances of the two of us being spotted together were way lower, it still would be possible.

But right now, it was just me and her in her car. Her singing-along, her cute dances in her seat, sipping her pink Slurpee every now and then, her stuffing her face with popcorn and blushing because I would stare at her or randomly kiss her.

She's really something else.

__________

Hey guys,
I hope you're all doing well during these weird times.
I hope you like this small update.
Stay safe and take care.
I love you all!
Xoxo - Alyssa