17. Soccer And Feelings.

Chapter Seventeen:
Soccer And Feelings.

"Come on, ladies! (Y/L/N), show them how it's done!" Coach Saunders shouted, after I had scored another soccer goal.

My teammates cheered as the ball landed in the net, and Coach Saunders blew the whistle. He looked at the goalie, as the sad girl threw the ball into his hands after I had once again scored a goal for my team.

Lauren ran up to me and kissed me on the cheek, throwing a hand around my shoulder as we walked back to our own side of the field.

I looked around the gymnasium and my eyes landed on a certain not-so-happy-looking Latina, standing in the doorway. I shot her a smile and received a forced one back.

"Keep up the good work, (Y/N/N)." Lauren spoke, earning my attention.

I winked at her as she walked back to the defense line, not before playfully slapping my butt.

"This isn't American Football Lauren, it's English Football aka soccer." I spoke sarcastically, causing Lauren to stick out her tongue towards me.

I playfully rolled my eyes and brought my attention back towards the direction of Miss Cabello. But she was already gone. I frowned and brought my attention back to Coach Saunders.

Coach Saunders placed the ball in the middle of the field, for the other team to kick-off. We were waiting for him to blow the whistle to continue the game. But a kid that was previously sitting on the bleachers ran up to him and gave him a note.

He rolled his eyes but read the note, and the kid ran off. When he had read it, his eyes landed on me and he blew the whistle.

"(Y/L/N), Miss Cabello wants you to come to her classroom right away. Just be quick." Coach Saunders spoke loudly, like he always did.

It's not like I was ever expected him talk at a normal volume all of a sudden.

I mean he's pretty chill, but that's something he needs to work on. Once he was giving a speech while Lauren had a hangover and we had PE together. It resulted in me having to massage her temples because of a major headache she had.

I nodded his way, saluting him playfully and I ran off to the door. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Let's go!" He shouted towards the others, blowing the whistle as I disappeared out the door.

I quickly washed my face in the dressing room and freshened up. I just had PE, I didn't want to look bad or smell bad for Miss Cabello. I wanted to look my best for her.

When I was done, I walked out to the hallway and walked towards Miss Cabello's classroom. I looked through the small window by the door, and saw her sitting behind her desk alone writing something down. I smiled at the sight and knocked on the door. I saw her look up and her eyes met mine.

Her expression remained blank, as she waved me over. I opened the door and walked into her empty class room.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked her curiously, as I closed the door behind me.

As I walked over to sit on one of the desks right in front of hers, she put the cap onto her pen. She crossed her arms over her chest and rested them onto the table, leaning forward and intensively watching me.

"Yes.." She spoke, still watching me and studying me.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and leaned forward as well to match her posture.

"So..? What for?" I asked her, impatient and nervous under her gaze.

She watched me in silence for a moment longer, before standing up and walking around the desk. She leaned against it and looked down at me, squinting her eyes at me for some reason.

"I thought you said Lauren and you aren't a thing?" She questioned with a hint of what sounded like jealousy in her voice.

"That's true. We're just friends, why?" I asked confused, as she adverted her eyes from me.

A silence fell between us, as I watched her looking outside with a clenched jaw. After a few seconds, she let out a deep breath.

"No reason." She simply answered, although I could sense she was lying.

"No, tell me."

"No."

"Tell me!"

"No!"

"Then why am I here?!"

"Because I'm jealous, damnit!" She almost shouted out, causing a silence to fall between us.

I looked at her confused, while she tried to control her breathing. She bit her lip and looked away from me.

"I'm jealous of how close you are with Lauren. When she touches you, when she's gets to hang out with you, when she gets to call you whenever she can." She mumbled out softly and shyly, sounding like a kid having to apologize for doing something bad.

"But why?" I asked her, now more confused than ever by her outburst.

"Because, I can't believe I'm saying this but.. I think I like you.." She breathed out nervously, finally meeting my eyes.

"What?" I asked her, still shocked.

"Earlier I came to your PE class to thank you for what happened at Lunch. But then I saw you with Lauren and I couldn't stand to look any longer. So I wrote that note and gave it to that kid so we could talk alone. And then I realized I do not just want to thank you for the juice box, (Y/N). I want to tell you how I feel. To thank you for you standing up for me. For you helping me find my class that first day. You being forgiving and always putting a smile on my face. You being that stranger in that car next to mine. The one that made me smile when I was having a bad day. You letting me borrow your shirt, even though you were the one that stained my own." Miss Cabello spoke, by now almost standing in between my legs.

She had taken a hold of my hand, and I could feel my face heating up. She looked me deeply in the eyes, while I watched her in silence.

"I know this is wrong and that I am risking so much right now.." She breathed our nervously letting out a chuckle.

"But I really really like you, (Y/N). Please tell me you feel the same." She spoke almost desperate, running her eyes all over my face looking for any kind of reaction.