25. New Faces And New Threats.

Chapter Twenty Five:
New Faces And New Threats

"Come in!" I heard my uncle's voice speak up loudly, from the other side of the door.

"You wanted to see me?" I said, as soon as I had opened the door to his office.

I looked around and saw that we were not alone. A girl was sat at one of the chairs that was facing my uncle's.

"Yes, (Y/N)! I would like you to meet Lola." My uncle, gesturing towards the girl sitting in front of him.

I walked further into the room and stood next to my uncle. I gave the girl a quick nod as a greeting, and received a warm smile in return.

"Anyways, she's new here, and I wanted to ask you if you could be her LVB." My uncle said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I looked from him to Lola, and saw her looking confused.

"LVB stands for Lake View Buddy. An LVB helps out a new student and kind of guides them through their first days here." I explained, causing Lola to nod understandingly and smile thankfully.

"Sure, why not." I said, turning to my uncle again, receiving a soft cheer from him.

"Thank you, (Y/N)! You're the best!" He spoke, ruffling my hair.

I chuckled and playfully slapped his hand away.

"Yeah yeah, just let Debby cook me those cookies she bakes on Christmas. Then we're even." I said with a wink, causing him to squint his eyes at me.

"You know she only makes those on Christmas. I asked her for some one day, and she wouldn't even make them for me." He said, pouting right after.

"Yeah, well Debby loves me. I'll ask her myself." I said, wiggling my eyebrows at him, teasing.

"Yeah yeah, just go off to class. Have a nice day kiddo." He said, reaching forward to ruffle my hair again as I dodged him just in time by walking to the door.

"And welcome to Lake View High, Lola." He said to Lola, who had been watching our interaction with a smile on her face.

Soon, Lola and I were strolling the hallways together. The two of us walked in comfortable silence, as I guided her to her locker, which wasn't too far from Lauren's locker.

"So.." I spoke up, breaking the silence.

"So.." She responded, hugging her books to her chest.

"Where did you live before you moved to Copperfield?" I asked her, while we rounded a corner and walked down the stairway.

"Orlando, Florida." She simply answered with a smile.

"Nice! So..you're obviously a senior too, right?" I asked her, as we finally reached her locker.

"Yep!" She responded with a smile, while filling in the locker code combination.

She tried pulling it but failed to open it, so I gave it an extra hit and it opened immediately. She looked at me impressed, and I leaned against the locker row while I watched her from the side as she put her stuff into her new locker.

"So are you one of those Golden students, Low Profile students or Mischievous aka legendary students?" I asked her, watching her intensely after I had asked the question.

She put up a thoughtful impression, whilst still putting stuff into her locker. She hummed a few times in thought, and paused for a second. She took some pictures and hung them inside her locker. She hummed and stepped aside, so I could see the pictures better.

There were random pictures with, what I was assuming to be her old friends. There were pictures with her dogs. Nothing out of the ordinary.

But when my eyes landed on a picture of her and a woman that looked like Dubios' twin, covered in cake and whipped cream and confetti, while looking extremely angry, a smile formed onto my face.

The anger on the woman's face, next to the face eating grin that was plastered on Lola's face on the picture caused my smile to only grow.

I met her eyes and grabbed her shoulders, fake crying.

"Welcome home, we've been waiting for you." I told her, hugging her causing her chuckle.

"Is that the reason why you had to move and switch schools?" I asked her, when we separated.

"This? Oh, God no! I did stuff like this almost every day, and I wouldn't get punished. Why I left is an entirely different reason." She explained, causing me to look at her confused.

"Why wouldn't you get punished?" I asked her, some what curious.

"Let's just say I'm a great BS talker." She said with a smirk, her words reminding me of myself.

She shut her locker, while I just looked at her with my mouth open. As soon as her eyes landed on me again, I got down on one knee and held her hand.

"Marry me..PLEASE!" I pleaded, causing her to let out a loud laugh.

She helped me stand up again, as I looked around to see everyone looking our way. A few in particular.

I saw Normani and Lauren looking at us, confused yet amused.

Camila looking rather unamused, while stood facing another brunette whom also had her eyes on us.

"Why's that girl looking at me like she wants to kill me?" I asked Lola, not breaking eye contact with the unknown girl.

"That's Miss Perez, (Y/N). She's the new teacher." Lola said, sounding uncomfortable as I frowned.

"How do you know that? You're new here yourself." I asked her confused, not taking my eyes off the young teacher.

"Because she's my sister.."