38. Swings And Ice Skating

Chapter Thirty Eight:
Swings And Ice Skating.

I groaned for the nth time and dramatically slid down the wall. Lola tugged on my arm, trying to make me get up. But I looked the other way and stayed in place.

"Come on, dude. We're gonna lose our spot in the line, we're almost up." Lola tried convincing me to stand up, but I was too tired of standing for so long.

"(Y/N), don't you want to go on the swing? It's the highest in all of Europe." Camila asked me with a smile, obviously more excited about it than I was. My excitement had worn out when we had been standing in the line for almost an hour.

"It's not worth it anymore. You can go, I'll wait here." I told the both of them.

Just when I had said this, one of the employees signaled that it was Camila and Lola's turn now. Lola patted me on the head and Camila offered me a soft smile, before they took their places on the swings. I sighed and got up, walking back into the building to sit on some stairs.

"Afraid of heights?" I heard Miss Perez speak up, taking a seat next to me on the stairs.

"Nah, just lost my excitement. I'm a very impatient individual." I told her honestly, resulting in her chuckling at my honesty.

"At least you're aware of it, you always have a word ready to say don't you?" She asked me amused, watching me lean back to rest my elbows on the steps behind me and stretch out my legs.

"I do, actually. No bullshit from me. Well.. unless I get into trouble and have to talk myself out of it of course. But that doesn't count." I told her, receiving yet another chuckle from her.

I was glad Miss Perez and I were getting along better, knowing Camila and her had gotten closer and so did her little sister and I. As of recently, she had been less weird around me. I guess I was rubbing off on her after all.

"You get into trouble often?" Miss Perez asked me, sounding curious yet amused.

"Not as much as people make it out to be. I just try to entertain myself and others around me. Some people appreciate it, some don't. I don't dislike them any less for not recognizing my awesomeness." I explained with a shrug, receiving yet another chuckle from the teacher next to me.

"I don't know why you're laughing, I was being serious." I told her faking seriousness looking right at her.

"You're delusional." She commented humorously, causing me to gasp.

"If being called that is the price for being awesome, than so be it." I told her right before getting up when I spotted Lola and Camila walking over to us.

"How was it?" I asked both of them, their excited smiles infectious.

"Amazing! You could see a beautiful view of Amsterdam from up there." Lola said jumping up and down still pumped up.

"It was really beautiful." Camila added just as excited, but way cuter of course.

I had to fight the urge to tell her how cute she was and just grab her and kiss her. We were in public, with my fellow students and some teachers. I was sure I'd get my chance when we got back to the hotel. For now it was just a few stolen glances.

"We were the last ones. Everyone's waiting outside at the pancake shop across the street. Let's go." Lola said checking her phone, probably reading out a text from Normani or Lauren. The four of us checked if we had everything and made our way to the lunch location.

"Take a ticket and go fetch some ice skates over there." Coach Saunders said to all of us, handing us a ticket one by one as we passed him in line.

"Do you like ice skating?" Normani asked Lola, while we handed our tickets to the guy behind the table filled with ice skates.

"I've done it a few times actually, so I'm okay at it. You guys?" Lola asked Normani, Lauren and I, while I told the guy my shoe size.

"Same, though (Y/N) is the best at it." Lauren explained resulting in me doing a little bow for them for the compliment, and them to laugh at me.

"I'm actually more excited about seeing my sister on the ice, she's really bad at it." Lola laughed evilly, while the guy handed me the ice skates and I quickly thanked him.

"Oh, come on. How bad can she be?" I asked her while the four of us sat down to put on our ice skates.

Cut to 5 minutes later and I found myself watching an anxious looking Miss Perez holding on to the sides of the ice skating ramp for dear life. It was like watching Bambi on ice. But Camila wasn't any better either, almost falling over every time she tried moving a muscle. I chuckled and skated over to them.

"Ladies, how are we doing?" I asked them trying to hold back my laughter, as I approached them.

The two death glares that followed, aimed my way didn't surprise me at all. I put my hands up in surrender and chuckled. I looked around me and spotted only one free ice skating aid, skated over to it and brought it to them.

"There's only one, but you can share it. I'll help you both. Just grab ahold of it." I offered them at which they smiled gratefully.

After a few minutes they had both found their positions behind the skating aid and I was slowly pulling them with me over the ice.

"This isn't so bad is it?" I asked them both, softly putting them to a stop.

I turned around to face them and had lead them to the little kids area on the ice. Around us were plenty of children, getting taught how to ice skate.

"Now, I'm going to teach you how to ice skate, wether you like it or not." I informed them, leaving them no choice.

"You don't have to teach us, (Y/N." Camila declined, seeming thankful though.

"No, no. You always teach me stuff without me having a choice in the matter, so now it's the other way around." I told them at which they both seemed to give in.

I took Camila away from Miss Perez first by holding both her hands and guiding her across the ice. She kept her eyes on her feet the entire time, looking up every so often when I complimented her or encouraged her. After this, I also helped Miss Perez. Within 15 minutes or so, both women were able to at least move across the ice on their own. Guess I'm a better teacher than I thought.