36. Shops And Boats

Chapter Thirty Six:
Shops And Boats.

"(Y/N), put that beanie with the marijuana symbol back." Camila spoke sternly while Lola pulled the beanie down so it covered almost my entire face.

"Is that what it is? I thought it was the leaf on the Canadian flag, but it green." I told her playing dumb, but she knew me too well and squinted her eyes at me.

"But you're not going to tell me you're actually surprised to find an item with a weed symbol on it, in a gift shop in the middle of Amsterdam, Miss Cabello." I commented challengingly while taking the beanie off and putting it back on the shelf.

I smirked her way and found her amused expression fixated on me. She wore a small smile but gave me a little playful warning look. I winked at her and brought my attention back to Lola.

"What about this one though?" Lola whispered to me, holding out a shirt with Red Light District on it and a semi-nude woman.

"No." Camila spoke sternly before I could even answer her. Not only cause she was my teacher. But mainly cause she didn't want her girlfriend to be wearing another woman's almost naked body on her shirt.

"We just want something that's a bit special." Lola wined to Camila, the young woman not even seeming affected by it.

"You're allowed to, as long as it's not inappropriate." Camila commented, sparing me a pointed look.

"What about this?" Camila said holding out a t-shirt with a tulip and a windmill on it, causing Lola and I to groan at the same time.

"But that's boring." I tried explaining to her, hoping not having offended her.

"It's cute." Camila mumbled looking down at the t-shirt herself.

"Well not boring beats cute." Lola told Camila, shrugging her shoulder like it were a well known fact.

"Hey, kid." The man behind the counter called out to me, waving me over.

While everyone went back to looking around in the tiny gift shop, I walked up the man.

"I have the perfect shirt for those two." He said and pointed at Lola and Camila, before holding out a shirt in front of me.

"What does it mean?" I asked him, looking down at the t-shirt which had some Dutch phrase on it.

"It's Dutch for; I'm not stubborn, I'm just always right." He told me causing me to let out a chuckle.

"It's perfect. I'll take three of them, actually." I told him, taking out my wallet.

He spared me a confused look and grabbed 2 shirts, putting all three of the shirts into a bag.

"I'm always right, too." I explained, causing both of us to chuckle.

"Miss Cabello, Lola, I bought us something." I announced, causing both of them to walk up to the man and I.

I held out the t-shirts and handed them to them. They both unfolded the shirt and looked at the phrase with a confused expression.

"Apparently, it's some deep Dutch saying that brings you luck or something." I made up on the spot, the man trying hard not to let out a laugh.

"Really? How do you say it?" Camila asked the man, really seaming interested.

"Ik ben niet koppig, ik heb gewoon altijd gelijk." The man simply answered, the language still sounding like one weird vowel mixture.

"Sounds lovely when you say it, sir. But if I'd attempt at it, I'd probably sound like a Sim with a piece of cloth in my mouth." I told him honesly, causing the three of them to chuckle.

After saying our goodbye's to the man, we all made our way to some sort of boat-tour that lead us through the canals of Amsterdam.

"Everyone, please find your seats as fast as you can so we can get moving!" The woman that worked on the boat told all of us through a microphone, when we had entered the boat.

Lola and I were the last to enter the boat, so there were no other seats available besides the bench Camila was sat on at the front. Holding back a smile, while I was actually happy to sit next to her, I took a seat. Camila looked up and saw me sitting next to her and Lola next to me, offering me a quick smile.

"Everyone, please find your seats as fast as you can so we can get moving!" The woman that worked on the boat told all of us through a microphone, when we had all entered the boat.

I took off my jacket and lay it down on my lap, covering both my own hand and Camila's. So no one could see me intertwining my hand with Camila's hand. I saw her smile from the corner of my eye and soon, we felt the boat starting to move.

Here I was, sitting in a boat floating through the canals of Amsterdam, holding hands with my girlfriend. My girlfriend that's also my teacher.

The roof of the boat was made of glass, so we could look up and see the trees and tall antique buildings we were passing. I smiled when I felt Camila's thumb stroking my hand, absentmindedly. I looked at her and saw her watching and listening to what the lady was saying.

After the boat tour was over, we had dinner not too far from the spot we got dropped off at by the boat. It had been a long day, so we all went back to our rooms almost immediately after arriving back at the hotel. While Lola went to hang out at Normani and Lauren's room, I told her I'd roam around the hotel for a bit before going to bed early.

But I was actually in a dark room, the only light coming from the tv that was softly playing in the background. I was being kissed tenderly and lovingly by my girlfriend. Hoping this trip could last longer than it actually did.