32. Close Calls And Waiting.

Chapter Thirty Two:
Close Calls And Waiting.

"Okay, everyone please be quiet." Coach Saunders' voice was heard again through the speakers of the bus.

Everyone's attention shifted towards Coach Saunders, who was stood at the front of the bus, with the microphone in his hand.

"In about 5 minutes we will be arriving at the airport. So please, start collecting your belongings so we can exit the bus as quickly as possible." Coach Saunders spoke and grabbed an information sheet.

"As soon as we exit the bus, you'll wait by the side of the bus. We'll take out the luggage and retrieve them to the person in belongs to. Then, we'll go inside the airport to check in our luggage and go through security. Got it?" He asked all of us, scanning around for any raised hands. Words of agreement were heard and no one raised their hands, so Coach Saunders sat down again and turned off the microphone.

Ten minutes later and we were in the middle of handing out the luggage. When I saw Coach Saunders reach for Lauren's bag, I stepped forward and took it before he could.

"I got it, thanks!" I chuckled nervously, slowly handing Lauren her bag. Coach Saunders looked at me confused while Lauren clutched her bag.

"You're such a special kid, (Y/N).."  He mumbled out as a joke, only for me to hear. I scoffed and helped him hand out the bags to everyone else.

"That was close.." Lauren softly spoke when I came to stand next to her again.

"Too close, Laur. You're lucky I saved your ass." I commented right back, just when Coach Saunders handed out the last bag.

I bopped my head to the song that was coming from my earphones with my eyes closed. I leaned back in the uncomfortable chair right next to our not yet opened boarding gate. It was when I felt a presence in the chair next to mine I took my earphones off. I opened my eyes and was met with Camila sitting next to me.

"Hey." I smiled at her, adjusting my posture in my seat.

"Hey." She smiled right back, nudging me in the shoulder playfully with her own.

I looked around and saw that we were the only ones of our group here. I checked the time on my watch, before I brought my attention back to Camila.

"Where is everyone?" I asked her, while she unwrapped a snickers bar.

"Coach went with one part of the group to the gift shop, and Luna with the other part of the group to the bathrooms." She told me, causing me to nod understandingly.

"So Luna, huh? You guys seem to be getting pretty close, right?" I asked her with a smile, not trying to sound too jealous.

I was happy she was making a new friend, trust me. But it made me a bit jealous, still. It's not that I doubted what Camila and I had. It was still a thought that stayed in the back of my mind. One of my own insecurities.

"She's nice, I can see her and I becoming good friends." Camila told me with a big smile, seeming genuinely happy about it.

"That's great, I'm happy for you." I told her with a small smile, causing her to thank me.

"What about you? What do you think of her?" She asked me, munching on her chocolate bar.

"Well, I don't think she likes me that much." I confessed with a sigh, while she finished her chocolate bar and turned to me fully.

"You think so? What makes you say that?" Camila asked me with a frown, crossing her legs and staring at me while I looked ahead.

"I don't know, she just doesn't seem to like me. Whenever I even let out the slightest thing such as a cough, she sends me dirty looks. She makes me answer questions in class when I haven't even raised my hand. And when I answer the question correctly, she says it's wrong and let's someone else say the exact same answer, but to them she says it's correct. Stuff like that." I explained to her, looking at her now.

She looked around and placed a hand on my knee, rubbing it with her thumb in a supporting way. I smiled at her and immediately received one back from her.

"Maybe you guys started off on the wrong foot. Luna and I get along just fine, she's close with her little sister as well. Which you seem to be getting closer to." She told me which made me nod and actually think about what she was saying.

"Too close sometimes.." She added in a mumble, causing me to look at her amused.

"Are you jealous again?" I asked her with a chuckle, which earned me a little smack on the arm from her.

"Don't be so smug about it!" She whisper yelled at me, causing me to chuckle.

She pouted at me, which made me want to kiss it away. But we were in public, with people from our school. As much as I wanted it, it had to wait. I grabbed her hand and played with her fingers. Looking down at our hands, I felt her staring at me again.

"I like you. Not Lola, not Lauren, not Claire, not Miss Dubios.." I told her with a little humor at the last name I said, causing her to giggle and bump shoulders with me.

"You." I told her softly, looking her in the eyes.

Her soft brown eyes looked into my own eyes, and we shared soft smiles. A few seconds later, I stood up from my seat and looked down at her.

"I'm gonna go grab some snacks for in the plane, want anything?" I asked her, grabbing my wallet from my bag.

"Just some water, please?" She asked me while batting her eyelashes at me, causing me to chuckle.

"You got it, babe." I told her with a wink, before putting my bag back down and with my wallet in hand.

"Make sure to be back in time, we're boarding in about 15 minutes." She told me sternly, just before I walked away.

"Got it." I smiled at her before making my way to one of the shops.