40. Allyways And Bagels.

Chapter Forty:
Alleyways And Bagels.

"I can't believe we just stumbled upon this, this is amazing!" Normani said as all of us looked around while taking our seats at the little restaurant's table in the cosy looking alleyway.

"It's beautiful here, honestly. Only in Europe could you find a restaurant in an alleyway that actually looks beautiful and not creepy." Lola commented, earning chuckles and mumblings of agreement from the rest of us.

For the first time since the day started, a comfortable silence fell between all of us. Everyone was either looking at the menu, at their phones or just looking around. I made eye contact with Miss Perez and exchanged friendly smiles with her.

This trip did wonders for Miss Perez and I. She was a close friend to Camila and one of my best friend's sisters. So to at least be on speaking terms was revolutionary, considering the fact that she basically hated me the first period of time after we had met.

When the waitress came to take our lunch orders, everybody went back to their loud chatting.

"I don't know, who would you pick?" Normani asked while leaning forward into her chair.

"I definitely wouldn't want to make out with Zendaya." Lola confessed honestly, causing everyone at the table to look at her as if she were crazy.

"Are you insane?! She's a goddess!" Lauren asked dumbfounded, Normani and I mumbling agreements.

"I know that, trust me. I just have my reasons, okay?" Lola said defensively, sitting back into her chair and looking up at the sky.

We all watched her expectingly and didn't respond to her last sentence. When she felt our eyes on her, she stopped spinning and met our eyes. She rolled her eyes and leaned forward again.

"If I'd kiss Zendaya, who in the world could ever live up to that? No one could ever be able to top that, so any kisses from that moment on would be a disappointment." She explained looking all of us in the eye one by one to get the point across.

"It's all downhill after you've kissed Zendaya." I concluded her theory, causing everyone to chuckle.

"I want that tattooed on my body somewhere." Lola said seriously, earning laughs from us.

"What about you, though? Who could turn every kiss, after having shared a kiss with them, into a disappointment?" Lola asked me this time, before taking another bite from her bagel.

I felt all eyes on me, including the gorgeous hazel colored ones my girlfriend always made me melt with. I didn't dare to make eye contact with anyone at this point. So instead, I look down at the table in thought before I gave my answer.

"I only ever want to kiss someone, who makes me feel like if it would be the last kiss I ever had, I would be more than happy with it being the last." I spoke honestly, looking up to see Lola frozen in her place with her bagel still in her mouth.

"(Y/N), you are just the cutest." Lola said sounding like she had decided it and it was a fact now. She put down her bagel and swallowed her food.

I shrugged and took another sip from my smoothie, avoiding all eyes still on me. Whenever I talk about serious stuff, people always seem surprised. Just because I'm seen as a class clown, doesn't mean I can't be serious.

"I like your shirts, by the way." Normani spoke up attempting to get the attention away from me, which I was thankful for.

I looked up to see her pointing at Lola and Camila, who were now both wearing the shirts I had previously bought them. I subtly covered my mouth with my hand to try and not make it obvious that I was holding in my laughter. The two smiled down at their shirts and said their thank you's to Normani.

"Are you ever going to tell them what they mean?" Miss Perez whispered from beside me, while my eyes stayed on Lola and Camila.

"Do you know what they mean?" I asked her, looking confused.

"Google Translate has been up for use for a while now, (Y/N)." She told me with a chuckle, earning one from me as well.

"Are you going to tell them?" I asked her this time, stirring my smoothie with its paper straw.

"No, they would never admit to it and never put it on again." She answered, I chuckled at how accurate her assumption could be to the truth.

It was nice having small moments like this one with Miss Perez. Even though she might not have known; she was still a very important person to my girlfriend. But also the sister of one of my own best friends. Having a good relationship with her was very important, especially for Camila.

She had recently told me she hadn't been in contact with her own parents ever since I first saw her in her car on the first day, the day we met. Plus she was new in town, Dinah luckily having moved with her. So she only had Dinah, Miss Perez and me.

"I think we should head back soon, so we can chill in our rooms for a bit and pack our suitcases before going to dinner." Claire suggested grabbing everyones attention, not having said a word ever since we sat down.

"Sounds like a plan, guys." Camila said to all of us, shooting Claire a little smile.

When the waitress walked by, Camila asked the bill. After long arguments, Camila still managed to convince us she would be paying the bill. We all insisted on paying. When the waitress came back with the change, she looked at Lola and Camila.

"Nice shirts, by the way." She said with a smile, before walking back inside the restaurant.

Miss Perez and I shared a look of amusement before we all went on our way back to the hotel.

________

Hey guys,
it's been a while but thank you for your patience. Life really is crazy at the moment, regarding my private life. But I've missed writing so I just had to pick it up again.
Thanks again, and stay tuned for updates!

Xoxo Alyssa