28. Spanish And Sliced Bread

Chapter Twenty Eight:
Spanish And Sliced Bread.

"(Y/N), what's the answer?" Miss Perez spoke, causing me to wake up from my daydreams.

"What?" I asked confused, gaining chuckles from my fellow students since they knew I wasn't paying attention.

"What's the answer to question 13-B?" Miss Perez asked raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest.

I sighed and looked at my text book to read the question. I knew the answer, but I wasn't going to say it. Miss Perez really has it out on me.

"I don't know." I lied, causing the young teacher to scan me through squinted eyes.

"The answer is Trabajar, Señora." The Golden Snitch spoke up with a terrible accent.

"Thanks, Claire." I told her with a fake smile.

"You're welcome, (Y/N/N)." She spoke proudly with a smile and a blush on her face, quickly looking away to hide it.

I grimaced while Lauren and Normani giggled from beside me and tried to hold in their laughter. When Miss Perez looked their way, they quickly turned serious again. She grabbed her text book again and searched for the next question.

"Who can tell me the answer to question 13-C?" She asked as almost everyone raised their hands but me.

She scanned the room and her eyes landed on me again.

"(Y/N), what's the answer?" She seemed to challenge me, causing me to huff.

"I didn't even raise my hand!" I spoke dumbfounded, dramatically throwing my hands up.

"The answer, please?" She told me, maintaining eye contact with me.

"Fine.. Tra-" "The answer is Trabajo." I started, but got interrupted by The Golden Snitch again.

"Very good, Claire." Miss Perez spoke looking at Claire with a smile.

"Lameculo.." I swore under my breath while leaning back in my chair, causing Lauren to almost choke on her own saliva.

"What was that?" Miss Perez asked me, looking my way with big eyes.

"Nothing." I spoke whilst crossing my arms over my chest and looking away to the window.

The remaining time of the class, Miss Perez luckily left me alone. When the bell rang, my brought my attention away from the window. I slowly got up from my seat and picked up my bag.

"(Y/N), I could tutor you for Spanish if you want me to?" Claire suddenly spoke up, appearing in front of me.

"Err.. I think I'm good." I said with a chuckle, thinking about the fact that I probably knew more Spanish than she did.

"Thanks though, Claire." I added with a friendly smile, patting her shoulder.

Claire let out a nervous giggle, before quickly walking out of the classroom. I watched after her with a confused look on my face, but shrugged and walked towards the door.

"I expect you pay attention in my classes, (Y/N). You might be my boss' granddaughter, but I don't tolerate slackers. You got that?" Miss Perez spoke just before I could reach the door. I stopped in front of it, and let out a deep irritated sigh.

"Sí, yo entiendo. Lo siento, señora Perez." I told her not even turning around to face her.

When I didn't get a reply from her, I walked out of the classroom catching up with Lauren and Normani.

"I'm telling you man 'The best thing since sliced bread', is such a weird but true saying." Lola told me as she retrieved a book from her locker.

"Think about it; if it weren't for Otto Rohwedder, we'd all be walking around with an entire bread. The man's a hero." She added as I watched her with a raised eyebrow.

"How do you even know the name of the person who invented it?" I asked her actually interested in her answer.

"I remember the names of important people. Wait.." Lola said closing her locker and turning to me with a confused look on her face.

Her hand rested on my shoulder, as I once again raised an eyebrow at her.

"What was your name again?" She asked with a serious expression, which caused me to gasp resulting in a laugh from her.

"Fuck you!" I laughed, smacking her shoulder as we started walking again.

"What an unorthodox name, but I'm not going to judge. Nice to meet you, Fuck You." Lola joked again, holding out her hand for me to shake.

I playfully rolled my eyes and smacked her hand away. We laughed and continued to roam the hallways, as a comfortable silence fell between us.

"Your sister had it out for me again today." I spoke up after a while, as we made it out of the school building.

Lola playfully rolled her eyes, as we walked towards the field of grass beneath the big oak tree by the school's entrance.

"Maybe she just doesn't like you. Who cares, she's your teacher." Lola said, as we reached the oak and sat down underneath it.

"I care! I want people to like me, regardless of if they're a teacher or not." I said, leaning back against the tree.

"Well, not a lot of teachers seem to like you. I don't know about all the other teachers, but I've been here long enough to notice that Miss Dubios doesn't like you AT ALL." Lola said with a chuckle, leaning against the tree as well as our shoulders touched.

"You're right.. Miss Dubios actually LOVES me. We tried to keep it a secret, but you got us." I joked, causing Lola to let out a loud laugh.

"Eww, dude that's gross! Imagine dating a teacher, yikes!" Lola said with an expression of disgust, faking shivers.

I fake laughed along with her and swallowed hard. A comfortable silence fell between us again, before my eyes landed on Miss Perez appearing from the school's entrance. She seemed to be looking for someone, and when her eyes landed on us, she immediately came rushing towards us. Mine and Lola's eyes widened as we looked at each other confused.

"Oh boy, here we go.." Lola mumbled while we both stood up as Miss Perez approached us.

"Lola, (Y/N)." Miss Perez said sounding pissed off, eyeing us both.

"Sup, sis?" Lola asked her sister, eyeing her tense posture.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked us, as I remained looking confused.

"I don't know, just chilling I guess. We have a free period, so.." Lola answered to her sister, who's eyes kept looking between Lola and I.

"We were talking about (Y/N)'s weakness for teachers." Lola quickly said, causing my eyes to widen and smack her arm.

"Dude?!" I spoke through gritted teeth, as Miss Perez eyed us strangely.

"Sorry, Fuck Me. Was it 'Fuck Me' or 'Fuck You'? What did you say again?" Lola added, looking at me like she didn't just say anything weird.

I smacked my hand against my forehead our of embarrassment, and shook my head. When I had removed my hands from my face, I looked at Miss Perez who looked uncomfortable.

"Well, I have to pee. Bye!" I quickly said and grabbed my bag, brushing past Miss Perez into the school building.