7. Realization And Dress Codes

Chapter Seven:
Realization And Dress Codes.

"Right uhm.. Now that I have all of your attention, maybe I can introduce myself. I'm Miss Cabello and I will, like you must have realized by now, be your English Literature teacher this year." Camil- I mean, Miss Cabello spoke to me and my class mates.

The class started whispering amongst one another about the new teacher. I still watched Miss Cabello is silence like I had ever since she told me she was my teacher a few seconds ago.

I could tell that she was trying to avoid eye contact with me, I guess she felt as awkward about this situation as I did. Who would've thought, that the only girl I actually found intriguing, was going to be my teacher for a year.

"Last year you all had multiple English classes, and they were very variated. But this year this class is going to just be about Poetry and of course Literature. For your first assignment, I want you to write to me about this summer. What you did, who you were with, how you felt, if it was what you wanted, if not what did you want and so on. You have this entire period to work on it, and you have to hand them in when the bell rings. It's a very easy assignment, but it will allow me to see what you are capable of as writers." Miss Cabello explained, walking through the class room as she told us the assignment. When she reached my table, I looked away quickly. I heard her sigh deeply and watched as she walked towards her desk, standing behind it.

"Okay, get to writing guys. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to come up to me." Camila explained. She looked directly at me while saying the last sentence, and sat down. I adverted my eyes away from my new teacher and stared out the window.

How did I not know she wasn't a student?
How did she not know I was a student?

And then it hit me..

"By the way, are you new or something? You looked kinda lost."

"Yeah, got transferred here. My last school was in a big city, so this is a bit different I guess you could say."

Students get transferred, right? So that's not that weird that I didn't think more of it.

"What year are you?"

"Senior year, you?"

"Same."

She must've thought I was referring to what year she was teaching. Oh man!

"Excuse me? That is no way to talk to me, Miss Kordei. I could get you expelled in no time, if I tell this to Principle (Y/L/N)."

"Well I'm sorry Miss (Y/L/N)."

"Good. Now go off to your class, chop chop."

"That was interesting to watch. What year is she in?"

"She's a senior. I've known her ever since day one. When it was her first day here, it was mine as well."

Okay okay, I get it. I can now I totally see where it went wrong there. When I printed out her schedule, I didn't even look at it. I guess I was too busy staring at here. I mean; how could I not?

I actually really liked her and had the feeling she felt the same. Her beauty, kindness, her laughing at my terrible jokes.. I hadn't even gotten the chance to be spend time with her that long but..ugh! What did it matter anyways?! She's a teacher and I a student. That could never work. So the best thing I could do was to just ignore her and avoid her.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing loudly, meaning class had ended. I waisted an entire period by just overthinking. I grabbed my stuff quickly and was the first to walk towards the door. Without looking at Miss Cabello, I put the empty sheet onto her desk and walked out of the classroom not even daring to look back.

I quickly walked towards my locker and grabbed my P.E. clothes. When I had put them into my bag, I slammed my locker shut and made my way towards the cafeteria.

When I entered the cafeteria, I greeted the lunch ladies and sat down at an empty table, watching the cafeteria slowly fill itself with students. Within seconds, the cafeteria was packed, and teachers were parading around everywhere to check if the students misbehaved.

As I waited for my friends, I took a juice box out of my bag. As I was drinking from it, I spotted Normani walking my way with a tray of food from the cafeteria. She put it down and was about to take a seat across from me, but was stopped by the devil herself; Miss Dubios. That bitter old lady, with a mouth so tiny that looked like she just sucked on a lemon for 10 minutes straight, always had something to nag about.

"Miss Kordei, I request you to change your outfit or cover it up." Miss Dubois spoke, traveling her eyes down to Normani's outfit with a disapproving look on her face.

"May I ask why, Miss Dubios?" Normani spoke politely, looking down at her outfit not seeing what could be so wrong with it.

"It is inappropriate.." The sour teacher spoke, her arms folding in front of her chest.

"But why?" Normani asked confused, looking down at her outfit once again. Miss Dubios scoffed irritated and stood up straight, in a matter that showed she felt powerful.

"Just do as I say, Miss Kordei." The old lady spoke, with a smirk on her face.

"With all due respect, but not until you tell me what is wrong with it." Normani spoke carefully, yet still respectful. The old lady's eyebrows knitted together in irritation, the smirk disappeared from her face.

"It is too revealing." She spoke causing me to let out a laugh, making both of their heads snap towards my direction.

"Is there something amusing you, (Y/N)?" The lady spoke, almost spitting out my name. Obviously because my name gave her joy cause I was her favorite student.

"Her outfit is too revealing? She's wearing a fucking turtle neck, Miss Dubios.." I spoke before drinking the last drops of juice left in the juicebox.

"Language! And stay out of this, Miss (Y/L/N)!" Miss Dubios spoke angrily, pointing a finger at me as a warning. I gave her a devilish smile, and held her gaze challengingly. She knew she couldn't do anything against me, so she turned back towards my best friend.

"The bottom of your shirt, is too revealing for your stomach. I once again request you either to change, or to cover it up." She spoke, fuming now.

"But I-"

"Silence! You will do as I say, or you will spend the rest of your break in detention." The lady spoke, knowing that my uncle always was busy at this hour. I stood up and took off my jacket, helping Normani put it on.

Miss Dubios smirked victoriously, and turned around to walk away. I craved for revenge for my best friend, and my eyes landed on Normani's plate of mashed potatoes. I quickly grabbed a spoon full and fired it as a catapult towards Miss Dubios' direction with a smirk on my face.

But right when I had fired it Miss Cabello appeared infront of me, making the mashed potatoes hit her chest. My eyes widened in shock, and Miss Cabello gasped. I watched her as the entire cafeteria went quiet, obviously having witnessed what had happened.

"A word with you in my class room, please?" Miss Cabello requested towards my direction, staying rather calm. I nodded and grabbed my stuff, walking behind her. As I followed her out of the cafeteria, I quickly grabbed some napkins.

Now I was forced to talk to her. Oh boy.